Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

ATV, UTV and/or Dirt bike riding in SoCal area

Old 01-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
ATV, UTV and/or Dirt bike riding in SoCal area

I haven't ridden my quad since all of my buddies sold off their quads but I want to get back out there. I also got my gear stolen so i'll be buying my gear back with taxes in a few weeks and I really want to go ride!

Anybody know of any areas in So Cal to go ride in? Let's get a group together and go ride. I prefer the desert/mountain type of terrain vs sand dunes.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619Tacoma View Post
I haven't ridden my quad since all of my buddies sold off their quads but I want to get back out there. I also got my gear stolen so i'll be buying my gear back with taxes in a few weeks and I really want to go ride!

Anybody know of any areas in So Cal to go ride in? Let's get a group together and go ride. I prefer the desert/mountain type of terrain vs sand dunes.
Rocco, I'm ashamed of you.....
OCOTILLO WELLS OHV..
SUPERSTITION OHV, PLASTER CITY OHV....

Theres alot of trails out there without dunes bro' , hit up Manny, he's in our region , he's got a nice quad & looking to ride...
Old 01-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
There's so many different places around here to ride. Anytime you wanna go just let me know. Whereabouts in San Diego are you?
Old 01-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've been to Ocotillo, once. Most of my riding has been down in Baja.

I'll be buying the remaining gear in about 2 weeks, so I should be good to go by then. Though I need to tune my quad. It needs a re-jetting bad but I'm a total noob when it comes to quad tech/mech so I need to find me someone who can help - paying beer or $$ (in case anyone can help with that).

Mike, I know there's a bunch of trails up there in Alpine I'd love to explore.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
Baja bound

I'm in south San Diego by the way. But I have a Tacoma that loves to travel
Old 01-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #8
RedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud of

Navy: Fire Controlman CPO
Name: Brian
RedneckSailor's Tacoma Gallery
Corral Canyon just East of Alpine is a fun place to ride, if you are just looking for something close. Some of us go out there alot.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #10
Baja bound

Eric, It's a 04 yfz450.

I've been searching online for a good service manual to see if it's something I'd try on my own. But If someone is good with quads/bikes and knows how to do all that stuff, I really want to learn how to do it all on my own. I'm a visual and quick learner so seeing it done once would stick. My buddy who I bought the bike off of didn't do much maintenance on it. I need a re-jetting (never been done), I want to clean the carburetor, change spark plug, oil, coolant, just about everything.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #11
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
ocotillo is awesome! im gonna be out in barstow this weekend which is also alot of fun, thats where my sig pic was taken two weeks ago im obsessed with it haha i think its a sick pic
Old 01-26-2011, 04:32 PM   #12
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619Tacoma View Post
Eric, It's a 04 yfz450.

I've been searching online for a good service manual to see if it's something I'd try on my own. But If someone is good with quads/bikes and knows how to do all that stuff, I really want to learn how to do it all on my own. I'm a visual and quick learner so seeing it done once would stick. My buddy who I bought the bike off of didn't do much maintenance on it. I need a re-jetting (never been done), I want to clean the carburetor, change spark plug, oil, coolant, just about everything.
Yea its all pretty easy to learn, and once you know how to do it pretty much all the motors are the same. I used to race so i used to have to take my bike apart and put it back together in a day hahah. Id be happy to teach ya though
Old 01-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #13
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckSailor View Post
Corral Canyon just East of Alpine is a fun place to ride, if you are just looking for something close. Some of us go out there alot.
X2 yeah , Corral Canyon would be the best local choice, tons of trails for bikes & quads roughly 50 or 60 sq. miles if I remember... Pine Valley/Bear Valley is a little closer but not nearly as many trails, in the old days you could ride from Pine Valley all the way to Lake Morena Village....
Old 01-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #15
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
X2 yeah , Corral Canyon would be the best local choice, tons of trails for bikes & quads roughly 50 or 60 sq. miles if I remember... Pine Valley/Bear Valley is a little closer but not nearly as many trails, in the old days you could ride from Pine Valley all the way to Lake Morena Village....
Still can
Old 01-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #16
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manny
Location: San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch)
LilManny's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I'm in chula! I go to 905 and ride with the border patrol agents.. They're all pretty cool about it now since I always stop to talk to them while I'm out there. Pm me whenever u wanna ride
Old 01-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #17
Baja bound

Manny,

I talked to Mario last week about getting together to go ride. I'll send u a PM when my quad is good to go.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #19
Yep im that Peejay..
peejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nice

Navy:
Name: PJ
peejay's Tacoma Gallery
But Glamis is soooooo much fun, i just tend to spend more time in the air now!
Attached Thumbnails
ATV, UTV and/or Dirt bike riding in SoCal area-dsc01189.jpg   ATV, UTV and/or Dirt bike riding in SoCal area-dsc01191.jpg   ATV, UTV and/or Dirt bike riding in SoCal area-dsc01281.jpg   ATV, UTV and/or Dirt bike riding in SoCal area-dsc01284.jpg