Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Tacoma Driver teaches Raptor Driver the ropes

Old 02-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
RedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud of

Navy: Fire Controlman CPO
Name: Brian
RedneckSailor's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Driver teaches Raptor Driver the ropes

First off, yes I know that this is a Tacoma Forum, but I had to post a few pictures from my last offroading excursion, even though the pics are of a Raptor.

So a few months, my roommate went out and bought a 2010 Ford Raptor. It just so happened that he bought his Raptor just about 3 months after I bought my 2011 Tacoma, but that's another story.

Up until he bought his Raptor, he hadn't spent too much time at all offroading, but always wanted to get into it. Due to the fact that he will not quit playing WOW for more than a few hours at a time, the only place that he has taken his truck is to Corral Canyon (with me in tow to provide directions). He had been saying that he wanted to try his truck out in some soft stuff and also try jumping it. So on Saturday, I finally managed to get him away from his computer long enough to head out to Octillo Wells. I say that the truck die great in the soft stuff. Jumping the truck also turned out very well, as you can see from the pics.

Please let me know what you think of the pics! The next time I post any pics, they will be of my Tacoma and his Raptor.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
and thats is why i dont like raptors, most owners will never take it offroad

but hey atleast you got to be the one to get him to break it in and use it for what its built for!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
This guy would rather play WOW than go wheeling???
Old 02-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
damn there is air on that last pic!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
That last pic is scary!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #9
RedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud of

He has definately gotten the offroading bug now. We both already have some good scratches to show for our fun times. At least neither of our trucks are asphalt queens! HAHA!!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #10
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
bad ass pics man, looked like a blast. . . . though i have to ask, what would compel a WOW nerd to just up and buy a $40k sweet off-roader like that? . . . just curious.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #13
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
thats awesome!
Old 02-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #14

As far as a WOW nerd buying a Raptor...we are both in the Navy and he just found out that he will be transferring to Seattle in May. He had a Dodge Ram with a Hemi up until he found out about the transfer. I convinced him that he needed to get a 4x4 for the winters and offroading that is around that area. He started by looking at a my Tacoma. My wife works for some of the local dealerships, so he went out shopping. He started at the Toyota dealer and then went to the Ford dealer and came back to the house outta the blue with that expensive ass Raptor. So I don't really know, other than apparently he has alot of money to waste.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #15

Doug, thanks for the comment about the picture quality. I just got my wife a sweet ass DSLR camera for Valentines and it works great!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #16
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
So what is your eval on the Raptor compared to the taco. which one does better offroading and on the street?
Old 02-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #17
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Damn!! Nice pics. You should send those last two to ford.
hell, if it was me gettin air like that in a raptor I would make some full size posters.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:05 PM   #18
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Damn!! Nice pics. You should send those last two to ford.
hell, if it was me gettin air like that in a raptor I would make some full size posters.
Hell ya, those are some good pics.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #19
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
The trucks aren't supposed to jump the whoops leading up to Devils Slide lol.