Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

SNOW - Big Bear 3N16 Snow Mash

Old 02-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
onepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
onepremiere's Tacoma Gallery
SNOW - Big Bear 3N16 Snow Mash

Saturday Feb 19th, 2011

Anyone interested in mashing some snow? I have been waiting to run a trail in the snow since winter began. I got a small little taste early, but there hasn't been anything since then.

What do you guys think?

I am not too familiar with the area, I have been up there twice now, but some guys who know the area would be awesome.

I am going no matter what.

All I got

Old 02-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #2
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepremiere View Post
Saturday Feb 19th, 2011

Anyone interested in mashing some snow? I have been waiting to run a trail in the snow since winter began. I got a small little taste early, but there hasn't been anything since then.

What do you guys think?

I am not too familiar with the area, I have been up there twice now, but some guys who know the area would be awesome.

I am going no matter what.

All I got

SIck truck man!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:09 AM   #4
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love 2 go but my tires are bald as shit and wouldnt do to well.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #6
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
you should pm Yotaoda he lives up in big bear.
I think hes out with a recent back surgery. But OP: have fun, and damn I love those lights! they looks sooo clean!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:51 AM   #8
Shinty Killer
Gabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Gabe
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure if you'd want to hook up with some of the local FJ guys but they are planning a sunday 2/20 trip.

http://www.socalfjcruiserforums.com/...ead.php?t=7451
Old 02-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #9
diablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nice
Name: Alejandro Gonzalez
diablo_Alex2777's Tacoma Gallery
we might go out on sunday or monday. if not i got a map with all the trails in Big Bear. U can stop by my House and pick it up on you way up.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #11
onepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
onepremiere's Tacoma Gallery
I may head up tomorrow night and stay till Saturday. I am down to about 30% of tread, but that just makes it more interesting.

I am not looking for a crazy trail day. Just run a few of the basic trails.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
diablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
diablo alex i though you were going to roll to the Cable meet?? We had like 20 truck their it was pretty good times.
I was , but my daughter. Took a nap around 12 n I did also.lol woke up around 2:30 it was to late for me to go. Maybe next time. Funny, Part was I washed the truck in the morning.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #13
ibengineer will become famous soon enoughibengineer will become famous soon enough
ibengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be down for a snow run.......lets set this up
Old 02-18-2011, 06:43 AM   #14
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I am thinking of going up to Gorman (Hungry Valley) this Sunday.

They are expected to get some good snow this weekend.

Anyone else want to go let me know.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:18 AM   #15
ibengineer will become famous soon enoughibengineer will become famous soon enough
gorman will have snow??

that would def. be closer for me....

how bout we chase the snow up off of lockwood valley road

Quote:
Originally Posted by db View Post
I am thinking of going up to Gorman (Hungry Valley) this Sunday.

They are expected to get some good snow this weekend.

Anyone else want to go let me know.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #16
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested as I haven't tried snow run. Is the terrain pretty much flat or will there be some off camber?

What are the critical things that I need to bring? I only have tow strap as recovery eqpt.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #17
thricenotrice is on a distinguished road
EMS: Ambulance
Name: Jason
thricenotrice's Tacoma Gallery
Ill be up in bear tomorrow.... What time are you thinking? May be up for it!
Old 02-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTacoms View Post
I'm interested as I haven't tried snow run. Is the terrain pretty much flat or will there be some off camber?

What are the critical things that I need to bring? I only have tow strap as recovery eqpt.
Shovel ,straps winch if any of u guys have one. Stay off the hills. If u guys hit 3n16. Do it form Holcomb valley. Its a little more flat. I might make it but not sure.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #19
i am staying clear of big bear...its presidents day weekend - the roads will be absolutely PACKED.

lets do a snow run near frazier park (lockwood valley road off of the I-5 at gorman)....they are expecting almost 2ft of snow by tomorrow!! I have straps/winch/chains, I suggest anyone who wants to go at least have:

4x4
straps
chains
warm clothes
food
extra gas?