Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Any wheelin on Sunday? 3/13.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:16 AM   #1
mike89 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mikey
mike89's Tacoma Gallery
Any wheelin on Sunday? 3/13.

Got sunday off and my truck is running good again. i want to hit some trails. Anyone know some good starter trails that i can go hit up. the only trail i know of it cc and of what i have heard is that its kinda hard or to easy.

and we get one more hour of light starting this day!!
Old 03-01-2011, 04:34 AM   #2
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike89 View Post
Got sunday off and my truck is running good again. i want to hit some trails. Anyone know some good starter trails that i can go hit up. the only trail i know of it cc and of what i have heard is that its kinda hard or to easy.

and we get one more hour of light starting this day!!
Finally got your truck up & running Mike ? Nice !!

Not sure when another run is gonna happen but it won't be long & theres nothing going to be easy at CC after all the rain...
Old 03-01-2011, 04:38 AM   #3
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
What is your level of offroad experience ?? (on a scale of 1 - 10)

1- I have never seen dirt

10- I know everything &
never get stuck
Old 03-01-2011, 08:39 AM   #5
mike89 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mikey
mike89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post

10- I know everything &
never get stuck
I would say 4.

Well we dont have to hit up cc. i just want to go somewhere. and have some fun!!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would say 4.

Well we dont have to hit up cc. i just want to go somewhere. and have some fun!!
I love CC dude !! Some of the gnarliest pics & vids I have seen (& been a part of) are from there, Ocotillo is fun , I like it better than Superstition but prefer mountains/trees/& running water to either of the other 2 I mentioned....
Attached Thumbnails
Any wheelin on Sunday? 3/13.-dsc_2425.jpg   Any wheelin on Sunday? 3/13.-dsc_2441.jpg  
Old 03-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #12
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Pancake rock. Its easy! Right Doug?
Old 03-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #14
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
A local run would be awesome. Doug, do you think it'll be dry enough to hit the trail that we called a quits on a couple weeks back because of snow? I wanna say Kitchen Creek / La Posta, but I'm probably wrong. I would like to go back and settle the score with that trail... in the dry though.
Pretty sure your talking about kitchen creek As much snow as we got & how cold its been don't know when CDF will open it, if its closed

Quote:
Well there is a lot of snow up there so its going to be wet up there for a lest 1-2 weeks.

And is Kitchen Creek by cc kinda?
Yeah kitchen is close, just don't know if its open

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Pancake rock. Its easy! Right Doug?
Oh yeah Sean, absolute cake walk, pre runner friendly !!

I can't even imagine how rutted & washed out it is, prolly can't get past the first 50ft....
Old 03-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #16
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
No pics of your truck Mike ?? I want to see it, I may be trading mine for yours..... I got a soft spot for 80's 'Yota 4x's...
Old 03-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #18
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

10- I know everything &
never get stuck
12- I come along solely to recover Doug when he is stuck.

Quote:
No pics of your truck Mike ?? I want to see it, I may be trading mine for yours..... I got a soft spot for 80's 'Yota 4x's...
Yeah, I never should have sold my '90 Reg Cab 22RE 4x4...that thing is still running like a champ in the 300k. Plus with 4.88's and 35's it still got 300 to a tank of gas.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #19
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlefin View Post
12- I come along solely to recover Doug when he is stuck.

Yeah, I never should have sold my '90 Reg Cab 22RE 4x4...that thing is still running like a champ in the 300k. Plus with 4.88's and 35's it still got 300 to a tank of gas.

Yep , just like the lone ranger, fuggin' Richard shows up at the last moment to pull my sorry ass back from the abyss .....

You keep me posted brother....
Old 03-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #20
Anderson.mike1623 is on a distinguished road

Anderson.mike1623's Tacoma Gallery
how far are you gunna travel to get dirty... cause you could hit up el mirage.. ocotillo.. holy jim is closed due to the river destroying the trail like 2 miles in... umm rail road tracks off 91 by the auto center like right after it hits the 241.... all have sick prerunner trails ....Needles would be legit if you really wanna make a day or two of it