Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

(626 and 909) TW Members

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #21061
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
You dipped the roof? i wanna do it! You just cleaned and sprayed it?
yea
make sure you spray it on thick. thin spots gave me hell taking off lol
Old 07-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #21062
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
Mid travel and armor removed...trying to find someone with an AG FJ to trade fender+ Pillar with and they get a free snorkel. lol. Reomoved the plastidip roof and also need to snag some well used 265's to throw on stock wheels....then I will trade in for something kinda fun to keep nice and pretty...and start building up the 4runner
I think you'll be spending more money on your new DD then you think and leave the 4R in the background.

I'll kill you.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #21063
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
I think you'll be spending more money on your new DD then you think and leave the 4R in the background.

I'll kill you.

no way.... love camping. 4r will be a good camp vehicle and tackle some light duty trails
Old 07-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #21064
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, im seriously considering it now! Did you do it section by section or numerous thin layers over the whole roof? I'm just concerned with it being spotty
Old 07-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #21065
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Im thinking of dipping my whole truck desert tan

paint is getting super scratched up as it is, and vinyl wrapping is way too expensive and hard to do by myself.
...but didn't whipper say it eats paint?
Old 07-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #21066
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm, im seriously considering it now! Did you do it section by section or numerous thin layers over the whole roof? I'm just concerned with it being spotty
if I do it, ima get a couple gallons of it:
http://www.dipyourcar.com/shop/artic...aid%3D25001%26

and borrow someone's spray gun and air compressor so it looks professional.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #21067

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I masked off and went to town....the very top...did not give a fk if it was blotchy....no one saw it lol. sides....took my time and did even strokes settin myself up there....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
...but didn't whipper say it eats paint?
lol....guy said a lot of things.
Didn't feel like busting out the Binford 7190 pressure washer....so the toyota paint survived lol
Old 07-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #21068

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Fonzie @ dip your car is a cool cat
yep...his name is Fonzie....haha
FJ is supposed to be listed on his site....but never saw it
Old 07-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #21069
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Hmm, that would be crazy! For the roof i think regular spray cans would work well.
How many gallons of Dip would you need? Eventually I'm going to be painting my whole truck Satin White and Maaco quoted me $740 for it so it might be worth just getting it painted!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #21070

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm, that would be crazy! For the roof i think regular spray cans would work well.
How many gallons of Dip would you need? Eventually I'm going to be painting my whole truck Satin White and Maaco quoted me $740 for it so it might be worth just getting it painted!
fk the maaco job...lol
the 4runner has a shetty earl scheibe style paint job....and you can totally tell... "yea it's black...but...like a shitty black paint job" what I told the owner when we were negotiating lol
Old 07-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #21071
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
2-3 gallons will be enough, depending on how many coats you're doing, etc.

I dont have a tail gate and Im a access cab so 2 gallons will be enough for me.

I have a Devilbiss HVLP spray gun that will work perfectly, but no air compressor cuz someone stole mine, so as long as I can borrow someone's oil-less air compressor, I can get the job done - professional finish and all (i used to color match a shit load of satoshis).
Old 07-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #21073
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
no because lately ive been having to haul stuff off the typical road.... and girlfriend has horses.. would like to be able to tow on dirt/dead grass and what not...planning many more trips and what not... soo yea

Quote:
why, because you slipped down a grassy hill?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
keep the tacoma nice and sparkly....buy an old beater 4x to thrash...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
hey but that takes all the fun outta buying a brand new 4x4 that you will probably never even beat the crap outta to begin with..
Old 07-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #21074
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

what's everyone doing tonight?
Old 07-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #21075

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
aint got no work tomorrow...might be drinking some beer & bbq'n at the crib
Old 07-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #21077
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Gutter is a tool
Hey Ryan do you and Sharon have access to a oil-less compressor for paint spray guns?
Old 07-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #21078
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Ryan do you and Sharon have access to a oil-less compressor for paint spray guns?
Well the compressor I have is oil less and she use her gun with it, it works fine.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #21080
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
What do you need painted ??
my bedsides maybe, and if so, really soon check your PMs

Products Discussed in this Thread