Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

(626 and 909) TW Members

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #31461
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
No shit...damn, I thought I could get away by just being a pavement princess that looks badass all the time! Fuck!

You mean I actually have to put my truck on dirt if I get either of those? What a shame...it's too bad I've never taken my truck wheeling...could you teach me?

How about a relevent, non smartass response for once. I actually want a legitimate opinion
Whichever one makes you feel better about yourself.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #31462
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
Whichever one makes you feel better about yourself.
Whichever one that Julia or Julie or Jodie chick likes more.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #31463
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Not talking about fire roads either lmao
Old 04-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #31464
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
I think you should go mid travel. Cause aren't you more of a trail guy than desert guy?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #31465
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Not talking about fire roads either lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
Whichever one that Julia or Julie or Jodie chick likes more.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #31466
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
ok guys lets get serious here....

anyone seen a fuel door for sale for a 2nd gen tacoma?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #31467
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
How the hell do you know Julia, first of all?

Second of all...I don't take trails that are technical or too fast in fear of breaking my only mode of transportation. I play it safe where I can, but I really would like to beef up the suspension to safely take the faster, more technical stuff like blasting through whoops or crawling rocks. Another reason is because I wheel with some 2WD guys with minimal mods, so I go places that they can safely make it.

Basically, I want an all around rig. Something that will keep with the rock crawler guys (after locking front and rear, of course), and then something that can chase the prerunner's the same day. Sort of a middle ground with the best of both worlds.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #31468
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
No shit...damn, I thought I could get away by just being a pavement princess that looks badass all the time! Fuck!
That's what those gay ass stickers were for but you couldn't handle everyone teasing you about them so you took em off lmao

Quote:
could you teach me?
you should be teaching me since you never get stuck

Quote:
How about a relevent, non smartass response for once. I actually want a legitimate opinion
Well..
Old 04-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #31469
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That's what those gay ass stickers were for but you couldn't handle everyone teasing you about them so you took em off lmao

you should be teaching me since you never get stuck

Well..
The stickers were getting old, and I was getting tired of people literally almost crashing into me on the 405 because they're trying to take a picture of them while driving next to me. And because I now work at Rebel and the new decals are supporting the business.

No, haven't gotten stuck. But again, I don't do things that get me into situations where I can get stuck. So that solves that.

And for that legitimate response...I wont hold my breath. I think I may have said "hello" to you once, and shook your hand at Trophy Truck Tuesday, but other than that, idk who the hell you are nor do I really care because you seem to be okay with constantly disrespecting people you don't even know. Whatever...not gonna make this any more dramatic than it already is, cuz I'll probably be called "an OC ***" or something lol

Tom, I can take a joke. But lighten up, dude. It's not funny when it's every day.

EDIT: since when does TW censor words?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #31470
REBELTACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
So, you don't want to do a technical trail in fear of breakage.. But you want to lock front/rear? That's so backwards.
Well yes, I don't do technical with the way my truck is right now. For instance, I wouldn't want to do Miller with the way my truck is now because I'll probably break something under the truck going around an obstacle I know I wont make. But with lockers come more confidence in the rig, and more confidence in myself to take more technical lines. Does that make sense?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #31471
Power Top

Old 04-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #31472
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
me gusta le tag team...
Old 04-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #31473
REBELTACO

ANYWAYS. I actually like most the people in this thread, and contrary to our conversations on here, we actually get along when we're around each other in person. Which is why I post in this thread in the first place. But seriously, I'm saying this as a fellow TW member and a friend, the constant bashing is really getting old. I'd hate to stop following this thread and you guys because I really am interested with what's goin on day to day and how I can help with something, and the updates on everyone's rigs. But lately every time I post, somebody comes in here bashing me for one reason or another.

Now that I'm working at Rebel, I can actually get you guys some great deals on parts we buy all the time! And I wanna help in any way I can, so don't make me out to be this guy who's always getting bashed for having zombie stickers for 4 months

Just throwing it out there for you to read. I already put it behind me.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:31 PM   #31474
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post

anyone seen a fuel door for sale for a 2nd gen tacoma?
bump...kind of need one...
Old 04-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #31476
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
bump...kind of need one...
What happened? Some paisa stole your fuel door for scrap metal?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #31477
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
color?
dont really care...but preferably SSM

Quote:
What happened? Some paisa stole your fuel door for scrap metal?
negatory sir sky walker
Old 04-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #31478
REBELTACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
No, it doesn't. Lockers aren't armor, to prevent damage. They're a traction aid to get you on more technical trails when what you have now doesn't suffice. People do Miller Jeep open/open and break nothing, and people do it locked and break shit. You said you didn't want to do technical trails because of breaking your DD, not because you think it's under built. Adding double lockers seems like a waste of money, when you're not even sure you want to do a trail difficult enough to require them.

I just think it's backwards thinking that I see a lot on here, with people ready to throw cash without getting out there and seeing what some of these trails are really like.
You're right, but I'm definitely going to have armor on the truck before doing any of that. Sliders are arriving at the shop from powder coat tomorrow, and All Pro skids will be ordered soon. And with either kit I mentioned, the LCA's will be protected with either skids or the TC plated LCA's. Demello 3 hoop is in the works, and still deciding on which rear bumper I want, either high clearance or regular CBI or another fab company, must have rear spare mount.

And yeah, guess I'll just have to get out there and see it for myself. I'll be at Big Bear Forest Fest next month working the vendor booth, and I'm signed up for some trails up there. Gonna sit shotgun in a Rebelcon JK on John Bull so that'll be some good exposure.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #31479
Power Top

LCA skids are over rated..you loose precious ground clearance.. I wheel the piss out of my tubular lower arms without ever having any issues over the rock..
Old 04-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #31480
Power Top

Why not have rebel Offroad make you a bumper and bridge that gap lol

Products Discussed in this Thread