Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

(626 and 909) TW Members

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #31621
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
to them

I work with our Milford Mass pharmacy and they were all excited this morning for the marathon.Everyone on our end (with fam in Boston) is alright.

People are sick..
Old 04-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #31622
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
I can help you. Isn't it just about drilling the right size hole in the back and installing the runner gromet properly? I don't mind helping out. Not free till Wednesday though, and maybe not till Thursday.
Yeah something like that. Yeah I gotta get a kit first. I have 4 hella 700 and 2 hella 500s. And I'm running 17s so what would the measurements be?
Old 04-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #31623
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbergler View Post
Yeah something like that. Yeah I gotta get a kit first. I have 4 hella 700 and 2 hella 500s. And I'm running 17s so what would the measurements be?
Depends on the rim model. Not all rims are available in every size. You need a rim the is 6 on 5.5 for the lug pattern. 17" and either 8-9" wide depending on your preference. I prefer 9 wide. Then you choose offset or backspace.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #31624
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Correction to my previous post.... I'm running 17x9 -12 offset 4.5 backspace 6 on 5.5 (so I also have 17's not 16's)

The first number (17x9) is your rim size (17) and width (9) then your offset and backspace go hand in hand. And the 6 on 5.5 is lug pattern for out trucks. If you had 16's then it would be 16x9 or 16x8 and everything else the same.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #31625
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well here's the situation I'm in. I can't get the lift bigger tires and rims anytime soon cause its just way to pricey for me. And I think getting the rims to make my stance wider would make a huge difference. I want an aggressive look. I saw a stock Tacoma today with after market rims and it made the tires stick out of the fenders more and it looked really nice. I'm tired if my tires hiding behind my fenders haha. So what Tim size should I get. I've had my eyes on the procomp 7089s for some time now. And I want to get 17s
Old 04-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #31626

Or would you just save for the lift? I'm torn. I feel like stock wheels/tires would look funny on a 3 inch lift.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #31627
Thin Blue Line

Getting a lift and no rims/tires looks funky. Wheels make any truck look better. Problem is I bought tires first in 32's because I had stock rims and 33's won't fit stock rim. Then I got the new rims and now I regret getting 32's and wish I had 33's. So your tire size makes a difference too. For the rim though, you want 17x9 -12 offset 4.5 backspace and 6 on 5.5 light pattern. That's your perfect rim to get a wider stance without spacers. So find the pro comps in that setup and your set. Then you gotta decide what size tire to run. It has to be wide to cover the 9" rim. So if you have or want 32's then 267/70/17 if you want or have 33's then 285/70/17 (I think) and also be prepared for a cab mount chop.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #31628
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Damn bro...I just talked with my friend, she's ok but there's a lot of shit going down there.

Hope your friend's ok. Thoughts go out to the affected families.
shes good...thank the lawd... sucks for it all tho...wtf out of all things too

EDIT: if im not mistaken...we have a local tw member out at that race too
Old 04-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #31631
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Mud always becomes an expensive pleasure...so not me haha
HAHA
this much is true
Old 04-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #31632

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Getting a lift and no rims/tires looks funky. Wheels make any truck look better. Problem is I bought tires first in 32's because I had stock rims and 33's won't fit stock rim. Then I got the new rims and now I regret getting 32's and wish I had 33's. So your tire size makes a difference too. For the rim though, you want 17x9 -12 offset 4.5 backspace and 6 on 5.5 light pattern. That's your perfect rim to get a wider stance without spacers. So find the pro comps in that setup and your set. Then you gotta decide what size tire to run. It has to be wide to cover the 9" rim. So if you have or want 32's then 267/70/17 if you want or have 33's then 285/70/17 (I think) and also be prepared for a cab mount chop.
Would the tires I have now fit that? I have the hankook dynapro ATMs in stock size that are basically brand new so I wouldn't want to have to buy tires too

And I would need the cab mount chop for 33s. I know a few people with 33s that don't have the cab mount chop and they are fine.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #31634
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
damn hiatts people...merka!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ope-sorta.html
Old 04-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #31635

these are the only 17s with our bolt pattern. http://www.procompusa.com/productlis...lter_qualifier
Old 04-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #31636
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbergler View Post
these are the only 17s with our bolt pattern. http://www.procompusa.com/productlis...lter_qualifier
Fine. Ill be that guy.

Wheel spacers? Cheap. Easy to install. I don't think you mob dez or crawl so what's the big deal.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #31637

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
Fine. Ill be that guy.

Wheel spacers? Cheap. Easy to install. I don't think you mob dez or crawl so what's the big deal.
i go like maybe once or twice a year. im doing a no pavement run from barstow to laughlin next month. and i dont want to do spacers if i dont have to. if i can get the desired look i want without them then that would be ideal. but if i cant get the look then id probly get spacers
Old 04-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #31638
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
I would wait and save up. Just my $.2.
Either way.

Plan on the CMC just to be safe.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #31639
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
so ill be selling my stock smoked 2008 tail lights...how much could i sell them for and or anyone interested?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #31640
Thin Blue Line

So what wrong with the second set?

SERIES 7089 - FLAT BLACK MACHINED
PART NUMBER: 7089-7983

17x9, 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern
Backspace = 4.75 in.
Max Load = 2200lbs
Finish = Flat Black
Hub Centric = No
Offset = -6mm

That's perfect. Its slightly more offset and more backspace but its a 17x9 so naturally its already going to be way wider than stock

Products Discussed in this Thread