Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

(626 and 909) TW Members

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2014, 07:08 PM   #48141
adriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: USMC
Name: Adrian
adriancast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menj309 View Post
PM sent

Mike where did you purchase it? I dislike CB especially after that night at cleghorn
Story...
Old 04-10-2014, 07:12 PM   #48142
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Taco View Post
no problem...... doesn't take long anyways....
Ah, to be young....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menj309 View Post
PM sent

Mike where did you purchase it? I dislike CB especially after that night at cleghorn
I went to Ham Radio Outlet in Burbank. Honestly, HRO in general has been a wonky mess. They sold me stuff I didn't need, and shipped me stuff I didn't order. BUT they have the hardware and it gets discounted. Just get someone who knows what they're talking about. Ham kicks CB's ass every time.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #48143
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
Papa Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Rylee, How are those seats working out for you?
Old 04-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #48145
adriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: USMC
Name: Adrian
adriancast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Naw, just the amount of jackasses on each cb channel when we were there a few weeks ago. Those guys mainly want to annoy others on the radio. Also didn't have enough reception to hit him on cb.
oh.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:00 PM   #48146
Kennyperez is on a distinguished road

Name: Kenny
Kennyperez's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know of anyone with a bed off a 1st gen?
Old 04-11-2014, 01:26 AM   #48147
james Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant future

Name: james
james Daniel's Tacoma Gallery
Glendale/La crescenta area. Saying what up!!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:44 AM   #48148
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Ah, to be young....

I went to Ham Radio Outlet in Burbank. Honestly, HRO in general has been a wonky mess. They sold me stuff I didn't need, and shipped me stuff I didn't order. BUT they have the hardware and it gets discounted. Just get someone who knows what they're talking about. Ham kicks CB's ass every time.
I hate that place, the one in Burbank at least.

The really old dude wouldn't complete a transaction becouse I had never previously signed the back of my card so I said to him give me a pen and I'll sign it right now. He said no son I can't let you do that. Then there was a the time I bought the study guide where they tried to recommend a more expensive book that I did not want or need. It was more like they insisted on the other book, whatever. Then just a few weeks ago I went there just to by a NMO mounting kit because I wanted to save a few bucks and build my own custom length antenna cable for the MonkeyCrawler. The freaken dude had no idea what I was talking about and showed me every type of pre made systems they had in stock. So I said fuck it and I started to lose my cool with him. That dude insisted that I didn't know what I was talking about. I told him it's in your computer system and it's only 6.49 becouse I checked to see if it was in stock so I know it's here. Then he says what I'm asking for isn't even available. But when I said fuck everything I'm going to HamCity to get the damn thing someone else steps in and says it's right here on the wall. They had at least 6 maybe 7 of them on the peg those stupid fuckers too radio geek smart for the average Joe

This is all I wanted right here.. NMO kit

Soldering the damn thing

the finished NMO connector with heat shrink and everything

soldering together the other end of the business side..
Old 04-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #48149
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by james Daniel View Post
Glendale/La crescenta area. Saying what up!!
Welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
I hate that place, the one in Burbank at least.
Ha! YUP!! There's a few guys, nice people, but they are virtually clueless about even how to run the cash register. I've been angered a number of times with the Burbank store. San Fran and one in AZ have been nice.

Which mount to your crawler are you using? I have the BAMF one. The nmo mount, which I didn't need yet they sold me all the parts for anyway (grrrrr), snapped. That's when they finally sold me the correct product.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:25 AM   #48150
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Ah, to be young....

I don't like the one in Anaheim. One of the sales man that was helping me was just a too pushy. I ended up asking another person to help me with what I needed.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #48153
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Welcome!

Ha! YUP!! There's a few guys, nice people, but they are virtually clueless about even how to run the cash register. I've been angered a number of times with the Burbank store. San Fran and one in AZ have been nice.

Which mount to your crawler are you using? I have the BAMF one. The nmo mount, which I didn't need yet they sold me all the parts for anyway (grrrrr), snapped. That's when they finally sold me the correct product.
Drilled into the roof like I did with the tacoma..yields best possible performance.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #48154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
what day my friend??
Am thinking Sunday so I can put as much distance between last night's debauchery and then. Recovery takes longer the older you get, damnit. You down to go?

Quote:
Drilled into the roof like I did with the tacoma..yields best possible performance.
Definitely. Too scared to drill into mine, though. heheheh
Old 04-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #48155
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Am thinking Sunday so I can put as much distance between last night's debauchery and then. Recovery takes longer the older you get, damnit. You down to go?

Definitely. Too scared to drill into mine, though. heheheh
I might be in for sunday.... key word might... oh and quit your crying... you know what the cure for a hang over is.....
Old 04-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #48157
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL

always does the trick
Old 04-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #48158
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hash brownies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Taco View Post
always does the trick
I'll take one of each, please.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #48159
Menj309 is on a distinguished road

Name: Richard
Menj309's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Naw, just the amount of jackasses on each cb channel when we were there a few weeks ago. Those guys mainly want to annoy others on the radio. Also didn't have enough reception to hit him on cb.
Ya it sucked. I might head out there Saturday to pick one up. Trying to get this build going
Old 04-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #48160
Menj309 is on a distinguished road

Name: Richard
Menj309's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is it possible to mount the ham antenna on a light bar mount like pilfreybilts

Products Discussed in this Thread