Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Dog in Truck bed legal?

Old 03-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
Dog in Truck bed legal?

Is it legal in CA to have a dog in the bed (of the truck wierdos).

How about with a camper shell?
Old 03-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
Snoyota will become famous soon enoughSnoyota will become famous soon enough
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Taylor
Snoyota's Tacoma Gallery
must be tied in the middle of bed so they cant put feet on the edge of the truck
Old 03-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #4
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: steven
stevenstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoyota View Post
must be tied in the middle of bed so they cant put feet on the edge of the truck
i use my built in tie downs
Old 03-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
Ready to travel
Sharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet Corp
Sharpie's Tacoma Gallery
In WA, loose dogs count as "unrestrained cargo"= illegal. Have to tie them, crate/kennel them, keep them under a canopy or in the cab. I would think CA was the same since you guys have all the crazy laws.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
♥ Emergency Medicine
m0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: B.S, NREMT
m0nster986's Tacoma Gallery
Best friends ride shotgun!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
whitetacolove will become famous soon enoughwhitetacolove will become famous soon enough

Name: Dave
whitetacolove's Tacoma Gallery
no one want to see a dog strangled to death on the side of a pickup. also, i hate seeing people drive with their dogs chillin on a toolbox.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
This was discussed in another thread recently:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post2834853
Old 03-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #9
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: steven
stevenstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetacolove View Post
no one want to see a dog strangled to death on the side of a pickup. also, i hate seeing people drive with their dogs chillin on a toolbox.
i have a smart dog who doesnt jump out and enjoys riding in the bed ...he is always tied to the center front of the bed
Old 03-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #10
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenstaco View Post
i have a smart dog who doesnt jump out and enjoys riding in the bed ...he is always tied to the center front of the bed
i think thats your best bet...
Old 03-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #11
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
I'd never put my dog in the bed while driving, unless he was in his kennel...and the kennel was secured.

Would you drive around with your child unrestrained without a child seat or seat belt. Think about an accident... you dog will be launched like a missile. If he is tied up in the back he'll just end up with a broken neck

My Dog, gets secured while riding in the truck... in anticipation of an accident
Old 03-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #13
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
thats what the back seats are for!
Old 09-23-2011, 07:18 AM   #14
dittoditto is on a distinguished road
dittoditto's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

That is why laws have to be made because of ignorant animal owners that think it is ok to have a dog in a truck bed. Tied or not do you realize that a dog can get sun burned , stung by an insect , hit from debris at a fast speed that can severly injure the animal?
Its basic COMMON sense to NEVER allow a dog to ride in a truck bed and just being responsible to the animal AND OTHER DRIVERS - if the dog comes out you could cause a deadly accident not only to the dog but to other humans. What is the big deal to put the dog in a crate if that (which i would never do i have them in a crate with a cap on my truck) or are you - like steve just too " mocho"- aka ignornant.