Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

4/3/11 - Trip to Devil's Slide

Old 04-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
4/3/11 - Trip to Devil's Slide

Feeling froggy and looking at the beautiful weather the desert had this weekend, Eddie, his dad and I made the decision to head out to Devil's Slide and run it to the Plaster City plant. It was an awesome trip as I have never been before and also the weather was absolutely amazing at a high of 79 while we were out there. Here are a few picks from the day, Eddie took some more so maybe he will add a few also:

Old 04-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
vitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vitang's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics guys.

Eddie-You have to come out with us in May for the Mojave Run. It was so much fun
Old 04-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #4
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

We saw 1 SWB Tacoma out there, but no others. We were there from 8:30 till 12....maybe they were out there after us.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #7
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
Place looks fun. I'd like to hit it up when I have time.
Aww,you just don't love us anymore Tri... Did you check out that spot Richard got stuck at CC ? Look familiar ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
I've got pretty much the same pics that Matt has from yesterday. The last half of the trail from where we picked up the railroad and followed it to the plant was really fun whoops that we were able to handle at speed. Good mix of everything overall. Well except mud. Richard can keep the mud.

Yeah but he had so much mud he decided to share with me !! (didn't have the heart to tell him I washed my truck the day before he needed yanked out)
Old 04-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #10
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Nice day out there...

You actually were at the Diablo Dropoff it would seem? Devil's Slide is a sand mesa against the hill north and east of the dry lake at Ocotillo Wells (on the way to Shell Reef).

Devil's Slide 3-10:

Old 04-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #11
Rompin Around

cool
Old 04-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #12
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I hate that jersey doesn't have any nice spots like that
Old 04-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #13
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
I hate that jersey doesn't have any nice spots like that
x2

OP- I've been trying to get an answer for a while now, but with your soft top, do you think it's possible to have a bed tool box that sticks onto the side rails a little?
Old 04-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #14
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've got pretty much the same pics that Matt has from yesterday. The last half of the trail from where we picked up the railroad and followed it to the plant was really fun whoops that we were able to handle at speed. Good mix of everything overall. Well except mud. Richard can keep the mud.
i like to avoid the...had enough in ar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Aww,you just don't love us anymore Tri... Did you check out that spot Richard got stuck at CC ? Look familiar ?

Yeah but he had so much mud he decided to share with me !! (didn't have the heart to tell him I washed my truck the day before he needed yanked out)
if i wasnt in a sling id wash it for you

Quote:
For pics:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...day-night.html

I was at CC last Wednesday with my boss and a couple guys from my ship went right by where Richard got stuck and then TDS...very muddy and narrow. Permanent pin stripes ugh
join the club... i could have made it just little clumsy in reverse. wish i had a pic of doug driving over my wheel.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #15
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlefin View Post
i like to avoid the...had enough in ar.

if i wasnt in a sling id wash it for you

join the club... i could have made it just little clumsy in reverse. wish i had a pic of doug driving over my wheel.

Shit , I forgot about that wheel thing....
Old 04-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #16
Rompin Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
x2

OP- I've been trying to get an answer for a while now, but with your soft top, do you think it's possible to have a bed tool box that sticks onto the side rails a little?
In one of the Bestop picture threads someone did it. If your talking about one that rests on the bed sides I would say no....the supports that are clamped on the sides have to be a certain distance from each other and if the box pushes them further away you will never get the bestop zipped together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
Old 04-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #18
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
love sac

JEEEZUS EDDIE, you starting that sac of love thing again ? (or is it still?)

No more deployments for you dude, you come back twisted & starved !!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #19
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
x2

I have the same top.I can measure the inside to see if a Box fits.can take pics if needed