Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Shooting ranges.......

Old 04-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Shooting ranges.......

Hey gents, I would like to know if any of you guys knows of a shooting range, the outdoor, free, where you bring your own shit and shoot it type. I know of one in Santa Barbara, and that's it. Is there any in other spots? I think San Diego has one, but that's a bit too far.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
BoyMinkel is on a distinguished road
BoyMinkel's Tacoma Gallery
You can go to Cherry Creek back in Ojai. Its way back off Hwy 33, I haven't been there in a few years but it's a BLM type shooting area.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yes, that's exactly what I am looking for, it seems there are very very few of them left these days. I hope that cherry creek is still open, i know they have closed most others.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
I go off the 15 and hodge road, about 10 miles before barstow.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:57 AM   #5
Bajamoon, I saw that mentioned somewhere else. Is a legitimate range? Do you know if it is open? And how hard is it to find? Thanks.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #6
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
cherry creek is still open. i go back there often (live in ojai). sometimes the gate is closed and you have to walk back, wrather than drive but you can still shoot.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
theres a few near Lytle Creek off the 15 fwy Sierra exit, go north until the road ends the range is at the end of the road.

Burro Canyon in Azusa Canyon is another one, haven't been there in years but its legit.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #8
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskie View Post
Bajamoon, I saw that mentioned somewhere else. Is a legitimate range? Do you know if it is open? And how hard is it to find? Thanks.

No it's the dez but allot of people shoot their. You shoot against a hill so it's safe. Handguns, shotgun and long range. I have been shooting their for 10-15 years now and never a problem. Exit hodge road and make a left over the freeway and when the road starts to go down you will see a small dirt trail on the left. Take that and pick your spot.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #9
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Cherry creek is open, the gate is usually closed because A-holes leave all kinds of trash back there.

I usually go up the 33 but on the other side of the mountain back by the halfway station. Further drive, but it's a ncie area.

There is also an outdoor range in Piru. (wes thompsons outdoor range off the 126) - this is a pay range, but the old guy is cool as hell

If you go to a non-regulated outdoor range such as cherry creek, please take out what you bring in. Don't want these areas getting shut down...

PS- @ the Piru range, you can shoot out to 1000 yards.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #10
Cool, thanks for all the help guys. As for Cherry Creek, and the one you mentioned Mytoytaco, how hard are those to find off of the 33? I am not familiar with the area. Thanks.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #11
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Cherry creek isn't hard to find. You park literally right off the 33 on a small dirt shoulder. Theres a gate and a big sign. There are usually cars parked here on the weekends. It's on the left side of the 33.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #12
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
I seen a shooting range off the 33 before ... Is the one your talking about called Rose Valley shooting range?? Because its also off the 33, I think its sponsored by the Ojai Valley Gun club.

Drove back there before looks like a pretty big open area