1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Props to Toyota Escondido

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Evil Monkey, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Apr 21, 2011 at 7:26 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey [OP] There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Took my truck in for service and to get the Throw-out bearing TSB done. My truck squeeks a little when I push the clutch pedal slightly. One of the techs was used to hearing it at idle, which mine doesn't do that often. So he went out on a ride with me so I could point it out to him. He said, "Yup, that sounds like the problem."

They didn't have the parts on hand so they are now on order. My truck has 59,350 miles on it. No problems or fuss. They're even going to give me a rental while they work on it. Awesome service.

2. Apr 21, 2011 at 8:11 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

Nice Robert !! Good to see a stealership step up & do the right thing without all the BS...;)

3. Apr 22, 2011 at 9:27 AM
    ExpoSpy

ExpoSpy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Temecula
    That's a surprise. They tried to screw me over about the rear leaf tsb along with some other things.

But I'm glad to hear they are taking care of you!

4. Apr 22, 2011 at 12:30 PM
    rondog

rondog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    I get mine serviced there on weekends or calrsbad if its a weekday (do it on my lunch break). Carlsbad is ok, but slow. I had a leaking front differential after about 20k miles and they tried to tell me it was because of the lift. I obviously fought that argument and won and they replaced it so I am happy with their service too..whereabouts in esco are you guys?

5. Apr 22, 2011 at 2:00 PM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I am in Rancho Bernardo, south of North County Fair mall.

6. Apr 22, 2011 at 9:35 PM
    rondog

rondog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    oh cool..im right off nordahl on the 78 by the wallmart

7. May 9, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    So what was not a saga, has turned into one. I got the TSB done. Everything was good. I drove to work this morning and put the truck into 4x4 for the first time since getting it back (there's a dirt area that I usually park in and I put it in 4x4 to ease going over a curb with a deep rut).

CLUNK! BANG! GRIND! BANG! Well that didn't sound good. Put the truck in 4x2 drives okay. Put it back into 4x4 and same result. So I took it back to Toyota Escondido. I guess the tech forgot to tighten something down. Now it's in to replace a cracked bell housing. So I'm back in a rental while they fix it. Oy vey! No cost including the rental.

8. May 9, 2011 at 3:32 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    The bellhousing is part of the transmission? So you are getting a replacement transmission at 59,350 miles?

9. May 9, 2011 at 3:32 PM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    I think so. It's actually over 60350 now.

10. May 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM
    themuffinman619

themuffinman619 Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Member:
    First Name:
    themuffinman
    Vehicle:
    Your moms house
    Its good that they're taking care of you. Isnt warranty work also warranteed for some period of time or mileage?

Products Discussed in

To Top