Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Matt's OMD install

Old 04-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #2
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Before......

After.....

have better pics just gotta find, anyway hopefully this will achieve what matt was looking for , minimal lift with firmer ride, personally I think we need to shorten one spring &/or add one more, we'll see how it does for him this weekend...
Old 04-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #4
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
were those bolts holding the leaf pack on the shackle stubborn???
No, just tight (as they should be ) He did gain an extra 1.5"-2" lift but we were really shooting for firmer ride & I think we got it , def. much better than the AAL that was on it... He's going to romp'em this weekend & give me some feed back, actually I'm glad it didn't lift anymore than it did , he's about at the end of his rear 5100's travel...
Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #6
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good Looking forward to results
Old 04-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #8
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
NO, There is no distictive stink bug lean. Morning all, well i havent had time to romp them yet but the drive home and to work this morning was nice. They felt great, i could really tell a difference in the new/old custom built OMD"s.
I just wanted to give a special thanks to Mr. Doug(4WD) for taking the time out of his own schedule to build and install these custom made OMD Leaf springs. I will be testing them out for him this weekend and given some feedback. All in all i think they turned out awesome, but we wont know if we achieved what we were looking for until i get out and hit them hard!
BIG REPS TO DOUG(4WD) THANK YOU SIR!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #9
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
No, just tight (as they should be ) He did gain an extra 1.5"-2" lift but we were really shooting for firmer ride & I think we got it , def. much better than the AAL that was on it... He's going to romp'em this weekend & give me some feed back, actually I'm glad it didn't lift anymore than it did , he's about at the end of his rear 5100's travel...
The God's, or the Powers that be wont allow me to add to your REPs It says that i must spread the reps around before adding to your Reps again. Well thats just plain Bullshit!Why would i give Reps to someone who has done nothing for me. Your the only one who steps up in the time of need and that is why my Reps usually go to you. WHATEVER! Like i said before BIG REPS GO TO DOUG FOR ALL HIS HELP WITH MY TRUCK! If i cant click on your rep button ill type it in!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #10
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Does OMD stand for old man doug??
Old 04-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #12
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
Where are the after pics Matt?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #13
Ainokea

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlefin View Post
Where are the after pics Matt?
Well, we were so excited to get started that we completely forgot to take before pics and measurments! So i didnt think to take after pic's, nothing to compare it to! I wil post up a pic of it in a bit!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:32 AM   #15
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogrc View Post
Update?

Matt hasn't chimed in yet but I talked to him yesterday & told him not to hold back on his opinion ( I mean if I don't get honest feedback then whats the point right ?) He said they did great !! Smooth,firmer, no bottoming out (he was kissing his bump stops on everything before)seemed like a happy camper so far so good, maybe others will try this without fear of success !!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:36 AM   #16
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-04-2011, 12:51 AM   #17
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Matt hasn't chimed in yet but I talked to him yesterday & told him not to hold back on his opinion ( I mean if I don't get honest feedback then whats the point right ?) He said they did great !! Smooth,firmer, no bottoming out (he was kissing his bump stops on everything before)seemed like a happy camper so far so good, maybe others will try this without fear of success !!
If you consider a nice punch in the mouth a kiss then you may be about right haha. Matt puts his stuff through some abuse as he should. I saw Matt's truck this weekend and it looked good! I think you may have a future with the OMD customs suspensions there doug (I still get the pizza dude discount right?) if so I'll be by in the next week for some upgrades
Old 05-04-2011, 12:58 AM   #18
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05offroad View Post
If you consider a nice punch in the mouth a kiss then you may be about right haha. Matt puts his stuff through some abuse as he should. I saw Matt's truck this weekend and it looked good! I think you may have a future with the OMD customs suspensions there doug (I still get the pizza dude discount right?) if so I'll be by in the next week for some upgrades
As long as the pizzas flow buddy, you got it !!

I think more than a few here would like to try it but ya know you just have to say "What the hell, I'll give it a shot" I'm 2 for 2 on the successful rebuilt springs & will gladly help anyone who wants to do this cheap MOD or for a fee I'll build them for any prospective customer with their specs. (what they want ,lift & firmer or just firmer /minimal lift
Old 05-04-2011, 01:00 AM   #19
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
As long as the pizzas flow buddy, you got it !!
I've been makin payments as far as the pizzas go haha