Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Toyota Body Shops in SoCal area?

Old 05-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
chatapuggy1 is on a distinguished road
chatapuggy1's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Body Shops in SoCal area?

My 09 DC got tapped by a guy at a light a couple of weeks ago. He had a Camry so his front end hit my tow hitch and it went through his plastic bumper cover.

No dents in bumper at all, but look slightly bent or moved up as the nose of his car went underneath it and maybe nudged it a little. Looking at another Tacoma side by side, i can see no other damage, except the tow hitch looks very slightly jarred and not centered.

Insurance was cool about it and said take it in, it wont be my fault. So I went to Caliber collision which is recommended by insurance for an estimate. I am pretty anal and I didnt like what I heard, the guy told me they take the bumper off and send it off to another shop to check it out, and they make sure there is no damage underneath. I asked about the tow hitch and he said it looked fine, but they could knock into place if it looked out of place? That didn't sound too cool.

I called toyota dealers all over, but cannot find a body shop on site that uses actually Toyota employees working directly on toyotas. Anybody have any recommendations? I would drive all over to have it done the right way.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
where in so ca are u?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
chatapuggy1 is on a distinguished road
chatapuggy1's Tacoma Gallery
Yorba Linda, but will go just about anywhere if I could trust the work!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
San Diego Toyota is where I took my truck when it was rear-ended. It was on the insurance's approved body shop list.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
I can highly recommend a guy in Redlands. Pm if interested.