Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

SAT 14TH ROWHER TRAIL 4x4 TRAIL.....

Old 05-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #201
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL ROJO View Post
Ya it was a fun run, sumtin a lil diff. It was only a matter of time before something happened, just glad it wasn't worse! Shows that the the rest of the taco 4wd is pretty stout if my weak link was the ring gear it was my fault, the more I replay it in my head I shoulda aired down (which I wasn't) and instead of heavy footing tough part first try, I should've going slower and crawled it a bit more. Maybe
were you gunning it in 4L or 4H?
Old 05-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #202
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it was my fault, the more I replay it in my head I shoulda aired down (which I wasn't) and instead of heavy footing tough part first try, I should've going slower and crawled it a bit more.
I think your problem was too much traction. With larger than stock tires in low range there is a lot of torque put on all of the parts. Something is going to give.

When I went up my tires were spinning. Less traction equals less force on axles, gears, trans...

Maybe airing down and crawling up is the right idea, who knows, its still gonna be a lot of force on the drive train.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #204
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes 4lo. Ya and all the weight was on the rear at that angle, it happened when the back hopped and came back down and grabbed.
yea...if you want to run fast up a hill, I would be in 4H. Last time i gunned it up a hill climb in 4L, i blew my tranny
Old 05-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #205
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
that sound the diff made was horrible! bummer
Old 05-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #206
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
that sounded crazy. its cool though, more beefier parts!
Old 05-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #207
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Ya it sounded worse inside! Beefier parts and better gear ratio, getting regeared with 4.56. Also getting rear leaf springs w broken aal replaced with a deaver j59 pack and finally put on the icon rear resi I've had just sitting collectin dust.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #208
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys...

can someone tell me the name of that staging area we ended this trail run at?

i need to go out there on Wednesday...

thanks!