Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

SAT 14TH ROWHER TRAIL 4x4 TRAIL.....

Old 05-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #41
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
nope. i've got to work saturday afternoon/evening and then i got family stuff on sunday.

sucks... you not going either right?
nah, but one of my norcal friends flaked on toyotafest so im back on the market to wheel, and this sounds like fun
Old 05-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #42
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
lets go then. it'll rock having a bunch of dezert trucks rolling up a mountain

we can all meet up near majic mountain or something.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #43
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
nah, but one of my norcal friends flaked on toyotafest so im back on the market to wheel, and this sounds like fun
i was lookin at the pics of Toyotafest... knew a lot of the people in the pics from the rice rocket days...

not down to walk around and look at the Fast and Furious part 26...
Old 05-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #44
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
i was lookin at the pics of Toyotafest... knew a lot of the people in the pics from the rice rocket days...

not down to walk around and look at the Fast and Furious part 26...
heard fast 5 was good
Old 05-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #45
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like this will be pretty fun to roll to. If you guys want to caravan up in the morning. We could all meet @ the 405/101 and go up. Its up the 405 to 5, then 14.

Problem is, the last few times I went riding. The gate was closed to proceed any further. So I dunno.

There are some real steep areas up there. I did it on my bike but I dunno if I'd do it in my 2WD Truck.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #47
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD View Post
Seems like this will be pretty fun to roll to. If you guys want to caravan up in the morning. We could all meet @ the 405/101 and go up. Its up the 405 to 5, then 14.

Problem is, the last few times I went riding. The gate was closed to proceed any further. So I dunno.

There are some real steep areas up there. I did it on my bike but I dunno if I'd do it in my 2WD Truck.
210 to the 5/14 is shorter for me, so i will see how many are rolling from the 405...

how steep is steep?

we hit some crazy hill climbs out in Lucerne when we wheel, that others have told me a prerunner won't make, but we pin it to win it... haha...

it would suck to drive all that way and get turned away due to a locked gate... the desert would be about the same drive in the opposite direction and no closures to worry about...
Old 05-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #49
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ Yeah man. I dunno, I'm not too big on Fn up my truck. LOL. I think you guys all know that. I don't have a problem Fn up my bike nor body though. However, I've already F'd up my truck off-roading. Getting a fix and repaint is not cool.

I just know. Its pretty steep in areas and well, thinking of it more. I don't think some of the areas a truck can get to anyways.

I never saw a single vehicle in the areas I was riding at. Only ATVs and Drirt Bikes.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #50
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

derek was saying there are 2WD roads that go up the mountian... they are just less direct.

did i read that right? i really want to go, but want to be able to get to the top, or at least most of the way
Old 05-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #51

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ I dunno man. I'm thinking the same thing. Not sure if I want to make the trek all the way up there to find out I can't do it.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #52
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Yes there are 2wd trails going up both sides of the mountain.

At the top of the ridge there is a green gate which is always locked, preventing people from going further north along the ridge top towards Palmdale. The white gates are all open. I was there 2 weeks ago. As long as the 2wd guys have a CB then they will be able to communicate their position to us (4wd guys) most of the time.

We are planning on meeting at Central Park parking lot in Santa Clarita at 9:30 am.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #53
LT Chase Truck

i think most if not all LT guys are on race or HAM radio...

im down to try something new and slower paced...

im still gonna see what James wants to do as he will be coming up from quite a distance...
Old 05-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #54

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^Sweet Deal then.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #55
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Lets do ET!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #56

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ ET is really not my type. You can if you like. I will just watch.

Once again, Muse is not that great.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
i think most if not all LT guys are on race or HAM radio...

im down to try something new and slower paced...

im still gonna see what James wants to do as he will be coming up from quite a distance...

Quote:
^Sweet Deal then.
yeah, if you guys are down to go, then i'll head out too

we need a 2WD truck with a CB
Old 05-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #58

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^I've got a CB but its not tuned!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #59

Quote:
^I've got a CB but its not tuned!
dang... i guess i'll start rigging up some empty soups cans and string so we can talk to the cool 4WD dudes
Old 05-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #60
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^ ET is really not my type. You can if you like. I will just watch.

Once again, Muse is not that great.

Its personal preference, just like any other thing in the world