Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Socal SWR Meter

Old 05-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Socal SWR Meter

Hey,
Anyone in LA have an SWR meter I can borrow for an hour? I want to tune my HAM antenna before heading out to the desert this weekend. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
I'll tune it for you. . .
Old 05-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

for cereal?
Old 05-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^Ohh nevermind. I thought you were talking about something else.

ITS FRIDAY, FRIDAY. . . . FUN,FUN,FUN
Old 05-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

lolz but seriously, im about to go out and buy a cheapo radioshack one and return it after tuning, but i hear those are pieces of shit
Old 05-20-2011, 11:50 AM   #6

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ Dam, thats so ASIAN. You're better than that Aaron. You truly are.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #7
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

fuck man, i bought an EZ up yesterday for this weekend's race that ima return on sunday lol
Old 05-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #8

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^Wow. Thats Gangsta.

Thanks for the Invite
Old 05-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #9
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

i posted about the race everywhere, even started a thread =/
Old 05-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #10
vitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vitang's Tacoma Gallery
I thought you don't have to tune it with a HAM radio. I put my antenna on and it work straight out of the box.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #11
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Old 05-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #12
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitang View Post
I thought you don't have to tune it with a HAM radio. I put my antenna on and it work straight out of the box.
mine worked straight out of the box too, i talked to andre for like 20 minutes. then the next day we couldnt reach each other no matter what frequency we were on. I can hear repeaters and stuff, i just want to make sure im getting peak performance.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #13

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
i posted about the race everywhere, even started a thread =/

No, thats not good enough.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #14
vitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vitang's Tacoma Gallery
I have one in my garage somewhere but I'll have to find it after work.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #15
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitang View Post
I have one in my garage somewhere but I'll have to find it after work.

that would be so amazing!
Old 05-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #16

vitang's Tacoma Gallery
I'll let you know when I find it when I get home.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #17
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
mine worked straight out of the box too, i talked to andre for like 20 minutes. then the next day we couldnt reach each other no matter what frequency we were on. I can hear repeaters and stuff, i just want to make sure im getting peak performance.
So I'm guessing your a licensed Amateur? 2 meters ( vhf) band? what antenna? Most antennas for VHF FM are pre-tuned as it is FM, I.e. Diamond antennas. I have never had to tune any of my FM VHF or UHF antennas.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #18
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
So I'm guessing your a licensed Amateur? 2 meters ( vhf) band? what antenna? Most antennas for VHF FM are pre-tuned as it is FM, I.e. Diamond antennas. I have never had to tune any of my FM VHF or UHF antennas.
Nope! Im building my truck to chase and a race radio is required especially for pit and communicating with the race trucks
Old 06-09-2011, 05:41 AM   #19
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope! Im building my truck to chase and a race radio is required especially for pit and communicating with the race trucks
ok, not much difference in frequency should still be in the 2meter frequency area ( 130-173 MHz) typically you should not need to check the SWR as most antennas come with a pre tuned length of coaxial cable if you having issues hear others check the "stinger" that comes out of the bass of the mount to insure it is tight and not moving around.