1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Coyote Canyon Nighy Run...

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by 4WD, May 29, 2011.

1. Jun 8, 2011 at 6:08 AM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    We just threw in an extra leaf on each side since I wasn't doing too bad with how it was already. Shit popped me up a good two inches (yet to settle) and it's looking and riding good. We're gonna wait to see how it works out after a couple weeks and might add another if needed.

2. Jun 8, 2011 at 6:52 AM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    Nice Buddy! Sorry i wasn't able to stop by, shit started getting late once we got off of work and still needed to do grocery shopping! I wanna see pics of said leafs! Sounds like you got the lift in the rear you were looking for?:D

3. Jun 8, 2011 at 7:10 AM
    Gregero

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    Hey, no prob, Man. We were waiting for you until about 6:00 then we started when we decided you weren't gonna show :( lol nah jk. We just threw in those pro comps i got a hold of some time back. They definitely look like they're giving me what I wanted and fuck is that ride smooth now. I can feel the firm ride from my coils up front but the back just absorbs the shit in the road like a diaper. O yeah and we removed my overload so it still looks like a tiny pack lol, but it's doing it!

fuckin hate grocery shopping btw. long lines are my worst enemy.

4. Jun 8, 2011 at 9:18 PM
    BIGBADJON22

BIGBADJON22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jonathan
    long beach,ca
    none yet
    DAM IT!!! why? Well can you still tell me where it is so I can keep it in mind. Also does anyone know another cool trail just like that? I really want to go 4x4 this weekend?

5. Jun 9, 2011 at 8:03 AM
    Gregero

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    It's north of the city of Borrego Springs. If you find DeGiorgio Road off of Palm Canyon Drive (the road that leads to the Circle of Art) and follow it straight north, the paved road ends and the dirty fun begins.

DeGiorgio Road is East of the Circle of Art- about half a mile to a mile. Or you can take DiGiorgio Rd. or Borrego Springs Rd. to Henderson Canyon Rd. Go north at Indian Head Ranch Road Until Coyote Way. Once at Coyote Way, you can turn left to head West and then go north on DeAnza Trail Rd. I'm very curious of the second entrance as we took DiGiorgio Rd. into it. I'm going to check out the second entrance I mentioned once it opens back up.

Closed due to the very rare southern cali bighorn sheep needing to drink from the water in that area. They've been hunted very close to extinction and are sure to know that they need to run when humans are around.

Though I haven't ran into ANY trail like Coyote Canyon with such diversity (I haven't done too many trails but I've done a hand full) an interesting trail that I enjoyed was Coral Canyon. We did another some time early this year that turned into a cluster-F due to snow, but I really wanna do it again to get those bad images out of my head. Kitchen Creek Trail. Fuck- I wanna hit it up.

6. Jun 9, 2011 at 8:15 AM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    Circle of art? Where is that at? Its called Christmas circle son! Get it right! lol hahahahahahahah! And what other entrance rd are you talking about?

Here ya go:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=chris...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQ8gEwAA

7. Jun 9, 2011 at 8:32 AM
    Gregero

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    ahahaha I just looked from a zoomed out view at the town of Borrego Springs and saw "Circle of Art" so I just assumed that was the name. Looks like when I assume- I make and ass out of u and me. :D Christmas Circle then!

On google maps, go the the western most part of Borrego Springs and find DeAnza Desert Country Club (a golf course.) Now go straight north to the end of the orchards. You should see DeAnza Trail HorseHead Camp Rd. This is another entrance to the canyon.

Coordinates: 33.335164,-116.393759

Products Discussed in

To Top