Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Need help planning a weekend get away/mini expo trip(arrowhead+big bear trails)

Old 06-28-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Need help planning a weekend get away/mini expo trip(arrowhead+big bear trails)

Hey socal guys
Going to plan a mini expo trip. Start somewhere below lake arrowhead, hit some trails there and find a camp ground in Lake Arrowhead. Saturday morning make our way (through a trail hopefully) to Big bear. Do some trails there and make our way to highway 38 to come home. (friday-sunday)
Any suggestions or tips from the Arrowhead & big bear locals would be greatly appreciated.
connecting trails, camp grounds, anything really.
Thought we would start at willow creek jeep trail and then hit Devils hole...then...i'm stumped.

this is going to be a pain...but should be worth it in the end.I am going to study dirtopia and google maps like a mad man before July 29th
thanks in advance
Old 06-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #2
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Well, between you & JDunlop (Jon).

You guys should be able to figure out some nice spots together. I mean, you both have been doing this for quite sometime. Why the random special trip? Are you guys actually celebrating something? Do I hear something official coming soon? Dude, you have to keep TW posted.

I will say this, its quite a remarkable feeling knowing TW can bring 2 people together like E-Harmony. Two who share almost identical interest.

I wish you two the best and enjoy your Romantic Get away. . .

I'm about to shed a tear. . .
Old 06-28-2011, 11:15 PM   #3
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
im gonna rip your tits off when i see you homez

Old 06-28-2011, 11:17 PM   #4
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^

I had to man. . . You left yourself wide open for it. . .

NO really, hope you enjoy your trip. I need to plan one also w/the GF. If you plan it well, there will be so much to see and do.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:18 PM   #5

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
lmao, kinda did

**wifey and I***

Old 06-28-2011, 11:20 PM   #6

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
I will say I did the Lake Arrowhead & Big Bear thing. It was a very nice time and terrific scenery. Hit up ROLAND as he knows those areas well. . .

He lives in Big Bear City.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #7
sandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sandjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Dishpan spring and Holcomb valley just re-opened. When I get to my cabin tonight, I'll check my maps and give you the trail numbers. You're 4wd, right?
Old 06-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #8

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandjunkie View Post
Dishpan spring and Holcomb valley just re-opened. When I get to my cabin tonight, I'll check my maps and give you the trail numbers. You're 4wd, right?
awesome
thank you
Yep. 4wd here
Old 06-29-2011, 11:00 PM   #9
sandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

3N34 from the Pinnacles behind Arrowhead will take you through Dishpan Springs to 3N16 in Crab Flats and then to 3N93 for Holcomb Creek to Hannah Flats and Fawnskin or stay on 3N16 to 3N14 to Fawnskin.

Pick up the Franko trail map of Big Bear at REI or a Mtn Bike shop before you come. Don't forget an adventure pass if you are going to stop on the trails. Good luck.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:45 AM   #10
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
I got a 4wd trails book. Lists these trails in that area Grapevine canyon(medium) Willow creek road (easy) dishpan springs(Difficult) holocomb creek(difficult) butler creek(easy) john bull trail(difficult) jacoby canyon(medium) Gold mountain(difficult) clarks summit(medium) skyline driver(easy) Heartbreak ridge(difficult) Rattlesnake canyon (medium)
I can send you scans of the pages, but don't think I should post em in the open since its a book and probably copyrighted.
Attached Thumbnails
Need help planning a weekend get away/mini expo trip(arrowhead+big bear trails)-big-bear-map.jpg  
Old 06-30-2011, 08:42 AM   #11

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandjunkie View Post
3N34 from the Pinnacles behind Arrowhead will take you through Dishpan Springs to 3N16 in Crab Flats and then to 3N93 for Holcomb Creek to Hannah Flats and Fawnskin or stay on 3N16 to 3N14 to Fawnskin.

Pick up the Franko trail map of Big Bear at REI or a Mtn Bike shop before you come. Don't forget an adventure pass if you are going to stop on the trails. Good luck.
very good info. Decisions decisions...I really do appreciate the info S.J.! thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008taco View Post
I got a 4wd trails book. Lists these trails in that area Grapevine canyon(medium) Willow creek road (easy) dishpan springs(Difficult) holocomb creek(difficult) butler creek(easy) john bull trail(difficult) jacoby canyon(medium) Gold mountain(difficult) clarks summit(medium) skyline driver(easy) Heartbreak ridge(difficult) Rattlesnake canyon (medium)
I can send you scans of the pages, but don't think I should post em in the open since its a book and probably copyrighted.
that looks like a sweet book. where can i pick one up?
Old 06-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #12
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
very good info. Decisions decisions...I really do appreciate the info S.J.! thank you

that looks like a sweet book. where can i pick one up?
REI
Old 06-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #13

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
dur
posted right above
was in a hurry trying to get ready for work lol
thanks guys
Old 06-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #14
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Im having the Socal modday12 at my cabin in Green Valley Lake in between lake arrowhead and bigbear on the 16th and 17th. You guys should come!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #15

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
maybe a an expo pit stop
Old 06-30-2011, 12:28 PM   #16
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
maybe a an expo pit stop
I perfer to overland as oposed to expo'ing
Old 06-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #17

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
dont you go shitting on my weekend plans

Old 06-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #18
Rompin Around

Old 06-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Im having the Socal modday12 at my cabin in Green Valley Lake in between lake arrowhead and bigbear on the 16th and 17th. You guys should come!
Where is your cabin in GVL? I am at our cabin right now in GVL. We are on Juniper. We'll be up here on the 15-17th too.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #20

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^Perfect timing to stop by for the MOD DAY plans.