Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Pismo Run/Camp.. August 13th-14th.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #41
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster133 View Post
still thinkin bout it but, if i get stuck to much with my mtr's can i hitch a ride with someone and leave my truck on the beach?
youll be fine dont worry about it man. if worse comse to worse you get stuck.... oh well we have someone with 4wd from are group pull you out. youll be fine man
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
MTR's are not the problem. Air pressure is. 10-12 psi and you'll be fine.
x2. i usually air down to 9 in the rear and 11 up front
Old 07-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #42
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
getting stuck is half the fun... you keep track how many times it happens and then thats how many shots you do at the end of the day back at camp
Old 07-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #43
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
getting stuck is half the fun... you keep track how many times it happens and then thats how many shots you do at the end of the day back at camp
I'd never get drunk
4x4 FTW bitches!!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #44
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I'd never get drunk
4x4 FTW bitches!!!!
debby downer...lol
Old 07-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #45
UMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nic
UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd never get drunk
4x4 FTW bitches!!!!
Just do all the towing then make the guy you pull out buy YOU a shot for everytime you had to pull them out. That's how I used to always roll. Before i was old enough to drink (not that it stopped me) we used to charge 5$ a tow or 20$ for motorhomes and creek tows just so we could afford gas to get home. been pulled out myself too many times to ask for money anymore, but i always offer up some beers to whoever helps.

Me, My chick, and possibly a couple buddies are a maybe BTW.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #46
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBCrew View Post
Just do all the towing then make the guy you pull out buy YOU a shot for everytime you had to pull them out. That's how I used to always roll. Before i was old enough to drink (not that it stopped me) we used to charge 5$ a tow or 20$ for motorhomes and creek tows just so we could afford gas to get home. been pulled out myself too many times to ask for money anymore, but i always offer up some beers to whoever helps.

Me, My chick, and possibly a couple buddies are a maybe BTW.
Rangers are really cracking down on this now. It's a fat fine if you get caught accepting money for pulling someone out.

I've never pulled anyone out for money. Call it Karma. When my ass got stuck in the middle of the river some random guy pulled me out instead of getting ass raped by the tow truck.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #47
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I pulled a hummer + trailer out one time. Got back to camp and realized my clutch kept spinning. Blew my damn clutch out at 60k. Maybe I shoulda charged him...
Old 07-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
I pulled a hummer + trailer out one time. Got back to camp and realized my clutch kept spinning. Blew my damn clutch out at 60k. Maybe I shoulda charged him...
hummers and sand dunes always make me think of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wanzh...eature=related
Old 07-19-2011, 05:33 PM   #49
UMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of light

UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i guess you could say karma is why we stopped. but the rangers cracking down thing i had been hearing since before i could even drive. never personally known anybody who has been fined for it. I think they just say that so tow companies make more money out there. I have watched those A$$ tow companies sit at the creek and raise the price from 20$ to 300$ depending on how much trouble your in. That's when we started sitting there right next to them and throwing out ropes for free.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #50
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That's why it's always good to go to Pismo with a group. We can help each other out for free
Old 07-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #51

UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
^^X2
Old 07-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #52
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBCrew View Post
yeah i guess you could say karma is why we stopped. but the rangers cracking down thing i had been hearing since before i could even drive. never personally known anybody who has been fined for it. I think they just say that so tow companies make more money out there. I have watched those A$$ tow companies sit at the creek and raise the price from 20$ to 300$ depending on how much trouble your in. That's when we started sitting there right next to them and throwing out ropes for free.
I can certainly testify to it. It's not a rumor. Tow truck wanted $100 to pull me 4 feet. Then stranger pulled me out, and ranger yelled at him, even though he did it for free. Assholes.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #53
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
hummers and sand dunes always make me think of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wanzh...eature=related

Old 07-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #54

UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
let me know if its just me but ive never considered a H2 or H3 a hummer when i hear the word hummer i think governator H1 civilian hum-vee. when i hear h2 or h3 i think oh you mean a chevy tahoe or s10 blazer.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #55
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can certainly testify to it. It's not a rumor. Tow truck wanted $100 to pull me 4 feet. Then stranger pulled me out, and ranger yelled at him, even though he did it for free. Assholes.

They wanted $200 to pull me out! I told them, for that price bitch, I'm leavin it in.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #56
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
x2. i usually air down to 9 in the rear and 11 up front

Jesus, you are one anal retentive mother fucker.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #57
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
it's $100 a hookup to get to the beach from wherever you are, to get to the street it's another $150.

I see about 4-5 those everyday when I'm there.

One time we were in the back by the Drags..way back there about 1/4 mile east of Sand Highway..like on the other side of the crest that the drags sit on...hit a hidden revine at 3 in the morning, smashed my friends tie rod out of his diesel..6,000lb pig..we jerryrigged it up (to steer), and had another truck in our campsite pull us in...man saved hella money...

Lesson learned: add 2 8" lights before smashin around at 3 in the morning in the back.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #58
w3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alvin
w3tw0rks's Tacoma Gallery
1. tacokid09-Brian
2. jberry813-jason and family/friends
3. mjonags32-MJ and family/friends
4. nelson - just me, i'm a loser_
5. El rojo- just me if I get work off
6. Alma
7. MartyMcfly-Rob and his kid
8. derekabraham - Derek and Kim (maybe)
9. w3tw0rks - Alvin (maybe)
Old 07-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #59
asphinctersayswhat?

woot!
Old 07-20-2011, 12:23 AM   #60
Mall Crawler of the Year
TRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
TRDBen's Tacoma Gallery
Brian you might want to add me in. I need a trip down to SLO anyways.