Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Big Bear camping 7/2011

Old 07-31-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Big Bear camping 7/2011

Jonny, Dysfunctionalretard, Derekabraham and myself went to the Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear area this weekend for a little camping and wheeling this weekend. Some of the pictures are out of order, I tried to get them in order but said screw it and just put them up. Didnt get as many action pics as we wished because it was kind of busy out there on the good sections. Here are the few that I have.

Yes Jonny put gel, sorry "Paste", in his hair to go camping

Our camp site the first night

New Go Pro ad photo?

He thought it would be funny to punch it while we were standing at the waters edge to get pictures of him, how considerate

This is the point I had to turn and run and Manny jumped into the bushes

Old 07-31-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery

I'll get the 5 pictures I took up later and you'll eventually get some footage once I figure out how to edit it.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
looks like it was a lot of fun.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post

I'll get the 5 pictures I took up later and you'll eventually get some footage once I figure out how to edit it.
Ya, Im curious how that footage is gonna look going through the rock section
Old 07-31-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It looks pretty cool.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #7
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
How much was your Go Pro? I want one. Do you have to manually hit rec/stop or is there a remote?
Old 07-31-2011, 05:27 PM   #8

You have to hit the button, I had a 32GB card in mine so I could get like 8 hours of footage on it. The GoPro will go about 2 and a half hours on a full charge. I got the HD Motorsports package off Amazon for $250.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:31 PM   #10
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
did you just go back and forth through the water crossing. Was that all the off roading you did???
yes
friday through sunday all day too...

this was the only time we actually took a real break on the trails and snapped a few pics.

Waiting for someone to tell the story of the dooshy Jeep owner who got kicked in the nuts by Karma
Old 07-31-2011, 06:39 PM   #11
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
just want to thank you for making me miss home that much more!!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:50 PM   #12
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
yes
friday through sunday all day too...

this was the only time we actually took a real break on the trails and snapped a few pics.

Waiting for someone to tell the story of the dooshy Jeep owner who got kicked in the nuts by Karma
Interest sparked
Old 07-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #13
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
I will tell it because I feel I was the most pissed off of us. So here it goes.....

We had just crossed through the creek and were getting on our way, after someone's GF (who will remain nameless, but we'll just say he doesnt drive an FJ) has to pee. The order is Manny leading, Me, Jonny, then Derek. So we get on our way and this jeep with 3 people gets behind us after we get going. Well the trail doesnt really permit passing very well so he was behind us for I would estimate 10 minutes tops. Well he gets super impatient and decides he is gonna pass Derek and Jonny on the berm (I didnt see him pass them) then he gets behind me. I am now looking for a place to pull over, which there isnt a good choice without body damage. He is behind me for 10-15 seconds. He gets on my ass and starts honking. So now I say fuck this guy and slow down and proceed to look at him through my mirror and say "What the fuck" He proceeds to pass me on a berm to the left and passes me with ease. I look at him and just say wow. He attempts to pass Manny and hits a bigger berm and the ass end slides down and almost hits Manny. Then he decides to punch it and a football size rock pops up and almost hits MAnny. At this point I jump out of the FJ in hopes of the guy seeing me and stopping so I can introduce my fist to his face (Heat of the moment). Well he barely gets by Manny then gets into the hairiest section of the weekend which is a rock garden. Well he goes through this section pinned and towards the end his jeep pops up and then slams down on a rock and instantly you could tell he definitely fucked something up. We crawl through the section to find the jeep pulled over with the hood up and is removing his spare. He exchanges some words with Manny to the extent of Manny saying something about what if he hit his truck and the guy says he would have paid for it. Some other stuff was said I cant remember. So I am driving by thinking what was said was said and I have realized I cant "Introduce" this guy, because I will no doubt lose my job. The guy proceeds to ask me "Would it have killed you to pull over" I stop and say, "Actually asshole, I was looking for a spot" He said something about Yeah right or something, So I politely say "Fuck off asshole" And he proceeds to put his head down and mumbles "Whatever". So then we stop up ahead so we can kind of regroup and check the trail and a group of bikes pull up and ask what that was all about. I guess at some point the jeep almost ran the youngest one, 10-12 years old, over. And was on the kids ass and scared the shit out of the poor kid. We met some cool jeep owners but this guy was such a douche. Sorry, I know its long, but that is the story.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:21 PM   #14

"I feel sorry for you guys."

"Yeah that's why I'm sitting in my air conditioned truck not broken down on the side of the trail."

Old 07-31-2011, 08:23 PM   #15

Just remember, if your ego is getting the best of you, floor it and go 40 miles per hour through a rock garden.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:41 PM   #16

My only pictures.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:10 PM   #17
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: FN
Name: Kyle
Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
thats really legit

u guys just camped in the back woods sorta?
Old 07-31-2011, 09:34 PM   #18
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery

Untitled by .dysfunctnlretard., on Flickr

The swimming hole above was pretty cool. After Karma fucked over the Jeep guy, we proceeded to Devil's Hole which is what the picture is of. Nice little swimming spot perfect on a hot day. Jack and I jumped off the rock pictures into the hole but out of respect of everyone's self esteem we decided not to show pictures of ourselves with our shirts off.

Good weekend. It was pouring this morning when we left and we did some mild trail running in hard rain which made for a different and cool ending to the trip.

For those interested in the areas we ran, the first night we camped in the Green Valley area off Crab Flats Road [we just found a flat spot in the wilderness and pitched tents]. The second day we explored Willow Creek Jeep Trail just north of Lake Arrowhead/Running Springs and camped ~10 miles NW of Big Bear in Big Pine Flats.

Thanks Derek for coming out all the way from SD. Had fun and hope you did too.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:45 PM   #19
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
no pics of my sexy beer belly?

had a blast guys.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:59 PM   #20
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Too lazy how to post vids in thread. heres a link though.

http://flickr.com/gp/61076663@N07/Q48K33\

http://flickr.com/gp/61076663@N07/B38q91