Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

In need of a floor jack

Old 08-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
TacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the rough

EMS:
Name: steven
TacoSID138's Tacoma Gallery
In need of a floor jack

So after hundreds of money spent on suspension parts, I got my lift together. I haven't had the money to buy a bigger jack than the one I have now (2 1/2 ton) but would like to put my lift on this sunday. I would like to know if there is anyone in the SF valley, or burbank area that is willing to let me borrow there 4 ton jack just for sunday?
Old 08-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Why won't your 2.5 ton work?
Old 08-03-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
TacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the rough

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Why won't your 2.5 ton work?
its too small, won't lift the ear tires off the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
get some blocks and build up ur stands bases, and the jacks reach
I was thinking this but I'm taking off my struts and replacing them with new coils and struts, and replacing the leaf pack and adding new rear shocks. I don't think it would be sturdy enough, plus I don't have that many pieces of wood.

I appreciate the advice guys
Old 08-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
SR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Buy a hi-lift and get it over with already.

You'll never go back.
dont you need sliders or steel bumpers to be able to lift the truck with one?
Old 08-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #6
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSID138 View Post
its too small, won't lift the ear tires off the ground.

I was thinking this but I'm taking off my struts and replacing them with new coils and struts, and replacing the leaf pack and adding new rear shocks. I don't think it would be sturdy enough, plus I don't have that many pieces of wood.

I appreciate the advice guys
Do you have a Costco membership (or a friend who does)? They often stock the Arcan 3.5 ton, and it has good height and works great. You can't beat Costco's price at about $90, either.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #7
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR54x4 View Post
dont you need sliders or steel bumpers to be able to lift the truck with one?
Nope, jack it off the hitch receiver and they sell an adapter so you can jack up the truck utilizing the wheels.

I can get my truck in the air before someone with a regular jack even gets theirs in position.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #8
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope, jack it off the hitch receiver and they sell an adapter so you can jack up the truck utilizing the wheels.

I can get my truck in the air before someone with a regular jack even gets theirs in position.

A cookie for you.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #9

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
WTF.....your giving away my cookies
Dude, those aren't chocolate.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #10

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
gotcha, dont feel bad.

with a simple eibach lift and an AAL on my 2nd gen, the 2.5 jack I had for yrs was useless when placed under the frame, and the jack stands I had wouldnt touch the frame rails when extended all the way out and the truck sitting on its own with no jack in use

200 bux later I got a 24" floor jack, and 2 sets of 6 ton jack stands.......Un extended they are as tall as the prior jack stands at full extension.
Haha thanks man. Luckily I have 4 jack stands that are tall enough. The only good thing is since I have 285s I don't have to jack the truck up to change the oil.

Quote:
Buy a hi-lift and get it over with already.

You'll never go back.
I wouldn't mind getting one in the future when I get sliders. I don't want to waste money on a wheel adapter, nor do I want to use my receiver hitch to jack it up... Thanks for your suggestions.

[QUOTE=scocar;3531206]Do you have a Costco membership (or a friend who does)? They often stock the Arcan 3.5 ton, and it has good height and works great. You can't beat Costco's price at about $90, either.

Yea I do have a card, never thought about checking there. I will definitely look into this. Hopefully my dad will go half with me so he won't have to use a piece of wood with the 2 1/2 ton. Thanks a lot.

Thanks again for everyone's input!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:14 AM   #11
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
A cookie for you.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind getting one in the future when I get sliders. I don't want to waste money on a wheel adapter, nor do I want to use my receiver hitch to jack it up... Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #12
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Luckily I have 4 jack stands that are tall enough.
if the stands are tall enough to fit under the frame and hold it up, use the floor jack under the diff to get the truck up, then slide jack stands in there...
Old 08-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #13

EMS:
[/QUOTE]
hahaha thats definitely where im going, so no feelings hurt like i said thank you for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
if the stands are tall enough to fit under the frame and hold it up, use the floor jack under the diff to get the truck up, then slide jack stands in there...
i tried that last week, seeing if my jack was strong enough, but it wasnt high enough to extened the jacks. my dad was looking for one yesterday so ima see if he will go half with me. thanks
Old 08-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #16

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
How did this install go btw???

it went good dude. got the rear done ourselves, but had to take the front to the shop. i have sligth rake but i like it