Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?

Old 08-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
Mudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mudman's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area? *updated with photos*

I was wondering if anyone had any plans to hit some beginner trails this saturday, show a newb (me) around? Had the truck for a year now and still haven't hit any dirt.

I will be out at Silverado canyon. We are meeting at 9am, off of Chapman at the gas station across from Albertsons.

1) Mudman
2) Hiatt1991
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-silverado-1.jpg   Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-silverado-2.jpg   Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-silverado-3.jpg   Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-silverado-4.jpg   Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-silverado-5.jpg  

Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-silverado-6.jpg   Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-silverado-17.jpg   Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-silverado-l5.jpg   Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-silverado-16.jpg   Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-silverado-14.jpg  

Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-silverado-13.jpg   Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-silverado-12.jpg   Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-silverado-11.jpg   Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-dsc02947.jpg   Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-silverado-7.jpg  

Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-silverado-9.jpg   Anyone Offroading this Saturday in the OC area?-silverado-1o.jpg  
Old 08-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
Not me! Lol.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Put a trail run together.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
Mudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mudman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Put a trail run together.
I have no idea how that works. I've never been offroading before.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Just pick a spot and start the thread asking who wants to go. I thought there was supposed to be a trail run at Silverado Canyon soon. It is 2wd friendly. There are some awesome views up there too. I would set it up but I'm lazy.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #6
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
the gorman run is this saturday
Old 08-17-2011, 03:48 AM   #7
Mudman's Tacoma Gallery
oh I see, I assume most people are going to the Gorman run. Perhaps next week then. I may shoot out to silverado myself and scout it out then.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
UMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nic
UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
If youve never taken that truck off road then go out to Gorman this weekend it's designed for all skill levels and there will be plenty of knowlagable guys out there to help you out lots of fun
Old 08-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #9
TRD
prerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
prerunner32's Tacoma Gallery
Ill be doing some silverado runs soon once I get my new wheels and tires. Dont want to take it off road to much with the stock tires that are pretty dam worn! I live right at the foothill of saddleback on the OC side.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner32 View Post
Ill be doing some silverado runs soon once I get my new wheels and tires. Dont want to take it off road to much with the stock tires that are pretty dam worn! I live right at the foothill of saddleback on the OC side.
you'll be fine at silverado canyon with stockers, a honda civic could probably make it through there haha
Old 08-17-2011, 12:49 PM   #11
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Just pick a spot and start the thread asking who wants to go. I thought there was supposed to be a trail run at Silverado Canyon soon. It is 2wd friendly. There are some awesome views up there too. I would set it up but I'm lazy.
Just make sure the gate is open, you do not need any special for Silverado Canyon. Stock tires are fine on this road.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #12
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Id be down to scout out silverado with you!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #13
ja5on86 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
ja5on86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
the gorman run is this saturday
what gorman run? i didn't see anything for this saturday. got new tires and want to try them out.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #14

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...d-journey.html
Old 08-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #15
TRD
prerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
prerunner32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
you'll be fine at silverado canyon with stockers, a honda civic could probably make it through there haha
Yea I know stocks would be fine. Ive actually been to the top of saddle back... with street tires... in the snow haha. Talk about a fun time. Some how the gate was open!

The problem is my stock tires are a bit on the balder side... Hence the problem. Rather not risk it if I am getting new wheels and tires in the next couple weeks.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:38 PM   #16
Mudman's Tacoma Gallery
LoL thanks guys, but Gorman is a little further than I'm willing to go at the moment. I plan to do my spark plugs Friday, should I wait until after offroading, or do it before so theres less dust?
Old 08-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #17
Mudman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Id be down to scout out silverado with you!
Cool dude! I have a bone stock truck, so I don't want to do anything wild. Just get my feet wet.

What time would be good for you and where would you like to meet?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #18
cleanboxcrew is on a distinguished road

cleanboxcrew's Tacoma Gallery
im down to roll ..where u guyz meeting
Old 08-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #19
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBCrew View Post
If youve never taken that truck off road then go out to Gorman this weekend it's designed for all skill levels and there will be plenty of knowlagable guys out there to help you out lots of fun
very true
Old 08-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #20
Mudman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanboxcrew View Post
im down to roll ..where u guyz meeting
Unsure for now, I'm waiting on a response from Hiatt.

I've never been there so I don't even know where a good place to meet would be. Been mountain biking at Oaks a few times, but from what I understand, Silverado is further down.