Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Need some local trail advice.....

Old 09-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #21
Mike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud of

Mike330R's Tacoma Gallery
I did Anderson a few weeks back. it's rough a few miles in. Finally turned around since I was alone and was sick of bouncing around for the day And watch out for the mountain bikers.

4WD- where's Oriflame canyon and valley of the moon? Post coors or maps if you can

Also does anyone know if the gates are open to the area out behind Ramona Estates just above el cap? Heard they were closed after that kid got kiled jumping off a rock or something. What's the best route in?
Old 09-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #22
TacoTurd619 is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
TacoTurd619's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate the offer, Matt. I'm not usually off on Mondays .....I've just got this one because of the holiday, so I'll mostly be running on the weekends. If I feel like heading out that way ill send you a message on Sunday or so. I definitely need to do something to my truck though before I get involved in a club. I'm picking up my amp bed extender tomorrow ....that's as far as I've gotten! Soon enough though!

Josh
Old 09-02-2011, 07:32 AM   #23
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike330R View Post
I did Anderson a few weeks back. it's rough a few miles in. Finally turned around since I was alone and was sick of bouncing around for the day And watch out for the mountain bikers.

4WD- where's Oriflame canyon and valley of the moon? Post coors or maps if you can

Also does anyone know if the gates are open to the area out behind Ramona Estates just above el cap? Heard they were closed after that kid got kiled jumping off a rock or something. What's the best route in?

Oriflame Canyon is off of Banner grade and runs all the way down to the Carrizo Creek.

Valley of the Moon is off the last exit before you drop down into the desert off of the 8east. The exit is the Ink-o-Paw exit and you go right and look for the trail head leading up to the antennas at the top of the mountain in front of you! Lots to explore out there! If you would like some company let us know, and we would be glad to roll with you. I know all these trails very well and can show you even more
Old 09-02-2011, 07:43 AM   #24
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
We usually go to Baja (Shell Island, San Felipe) for Labor Day, but sadly we are staying home this weekend... So, a day trip would be a great alternative! Let me know if you guys are going off road. I have a tow strap for Josh's 2WD Taco if he gets stuck!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:53 AM   #25
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
We usually go to Baja (Shell Island, San Felipe) for Labor Day, but sadly we are staying home this weekend... So, a day trip would be a great alternative! Let me know if you guys are going off road. I have a tow strap for Josh's 2WD Taco if he gets stuck!

I will let you know sunday if we are going on monday for sure!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:02 AM   #26
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Matt!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:06 AM   #27
Iakopa84 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
Iakopa84's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a good link to a bunch of truck trails around San Diego
Old 09-02-2011, 08:14 AM   #28
Ainokea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iakopa84 View Post
Here's a good link to a bunch of truck trails around San Diego
Thanks for the link brother! We here at Socaltacomas have actually been running almost all of these trails for the past 3 years now and know most of them very well. i dont think there is one listed on there that we havent done! and we have found a few new ones that have recently been reopened after a long time being closed!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #29
Iakopa84 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
Iakopa84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
Thanks for the link brother! We here at Socaltacomas have actually been running almost all of these trails for the past 3 years now and know most of them very well. i dont think there is one listed on there that we havent done! and we have found a few new ones that have recently been reopened after a long time being closed!
No problem! I've been looking up these trails for a while... just have to get out and run some of them! Recently did Nate Harrison Grade - wasn't hard, but had some nice views. I need to get out and do some of the trails around Ramona for sure
Old 09-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #30
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
Oriflame Canyon is off of Banner grade and runs all the way down to the Carrizo Creek.

Valley of the Moon is off the last exit before you drop down into the desert off of the 8east. The exit is the Ink-o-Paw exit and you go right and look for the trail head leading up to the antennas at the top of the mountain in front of you! Lots to explore out there! If you would like some company let us know, and we would be glad to roll with you. I know all these trails very well and can show you even more
Matt have you driven Oriflamme Canyon? If so, how was the trail? I have heard that Rodriguez truck trail (adjacent) is very bad. I have driven Mason Valley Truck trail from the desert floor to the top, got lucky and the gate was unlocked and made it to SR-79.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #31
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Crom we've done Oriflame canyon a couple times, you can enter from either Banner (across from store) or from the S-2, its about 11 miles one way & is a pretty cool very doable trail, Rodriguez canyon is a ball buster in places & would recommend armor....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...me-canyon.html

Old 09-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #33
Ainokea

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Hey Crom we've done Oriflame canyon a couple times, you can enter from either Banner (across from store) or from the S-2, its about 11 miles one way & is a pretty cool very doable trail, Rodriguez canyon is a ball buster in places & would recommend armor....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...me-canyon.html

^^^^^^^Yeah! What he said!^^^^^^^^^ Awesome trail all around fun! great scenery as well!