Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Survived Miller Jeep Trail

Old 09-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
Bones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bones2Blood002's Tacoma Gallery
Survived Miller Jeep Trail

Yesterday was my first drive up miller jeep trail. I went with a friend who had not been on it either. We were both surprised. From the very start this trail is no joke. A steep, off camber rock garden gets you started and it does not fail to impress throughout. There was a thunderstorm over most of the trail, so the trail got a little muddy but not too bad. Only damage, if you call it that, was a couple kisses to the sliders. That is what they are for so I consider it my trucks christening.

http://youtu.be/uYO-ZIYWB-w
Old 09-11-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
Bones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBones2Blood002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OK check this one for my buddy saying he needs to get a taco now. Oh and sorry for the @*!%$ in the vid.

http://youtu.be/LJDtI9Jgo3A
Old 09-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Cool. Did you have the rear locker engaged for that section? Does the trail get narrow at any point (i.e. meant only for Wranglers)?

Use the URL tag for Youtube videos:

PHP Code:
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJDtI9Jgo3A[/url] 
Old 09-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Just post the link...it should come up
Old 09-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #5

Had the rear locker on for most of the last 2 miles. Lots of rock gardens and tight fits. I was the only taco among 14 jeeps. I don't know how many members have been on the trail.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #6

cool that worked thanks
Old 09-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones2Blood002 View Post
Had the rear locker on for most of the last 2 miles. Lots of rock gardens and tight fits. I was the only taco among 14 jeeps. I don't know how many members have been on the trail.
First time I was there was in 08, def a fun trail! Here's a link to that thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ail-socal.html
I made it through without lockers just need lift tires and def some sliders.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #8
UMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nic
UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
I want to make a run up there sometime soon.... gotta get some sliders first though
Old 09-15-2011, 08:19 PM   #9

I would say you definitely need the sliders. I got 4 kisses off the sliders. I think u would definitely get damage I u have none. Way fun trail though.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:47 AM   #11
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Miller Jeep Trail is indeed a fun trail. Done it only once but wish I would have done it again. The trip from Oceanside to there was a little to far for me when I was still living down there.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:19 PM   #13
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
any advice for this trail???
http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail...lid=XFT001-012

Descent from Alamo
Mountain is very scenic. Route is open to
ATVs and dirt bikes. Stay on designated
route at all times. Very hilly, steep and
rocky. Not recommended for stock SUVs.
Tough section at beginning of trail is fairly
typical of conditions all along the route.
Last few miles of Miller Jeep Trail are
toughest part of trip. Lockers and oversized
tires recommended.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:31 AM   #14
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx?trailid=XFT001-012

Descent from Alamo
Mountain is very scenic. Route is open to
ATVs and dirt bikes. Stay on designated
route at all times. Very hilly, steep and
rocky. Not recommended for stock SUVs.
Tough section at beginning of trail is fairly
typical of conditions all along the route.
Last few miles of Miller Jeep Trail are
toughest part of trip. Lockers and oversized
tires recommended.
thank you
Old 06-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #15
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Is it open yet?

I went up there the first week of May and it was still closed.

I really want to drive this trail this summer.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #16
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by db View Post
Is it open yet?

I went up there the first week of May and it was still closed.

I really want to drive this trail this summer.
are you sure? the gorman meet was the beggining of may, and i thought i heard the ranger say it was open?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #18
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
It is open And that crap is Intense. Holy cow
Great news. Anyone want to go?