Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

2011 Miramar Air Show

Old 09-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
Texas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Recruiter
Texas Taco's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Miramar Air Show

2011 Miramar Air Show.

Friday, Sept 30th through Sunday, October 2.

Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, San Diego, CA.

The Navy's Blue Angels will be performing, as well as many other aircraft.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
The blue angles are sick. I've been to a few of their shows at Beaufort Marine Corps Air Station. My grandparents had a house on Paulkie's Island as long as they weren't doing any low flying stuff we could see the whole show from the dock. It's worth every penny to see them.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:13 PM   #4
Texas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They were practicing today after our flight. I could hear them zooming around overheard while I was in the shower, and I wasn't paying any real attention to them as I'm used to it. Suddenly one shot right over the barracks so low and loud it actually startled me.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The Blue Angles are sick. I've been to a few of their shows at the Beaufort Marine Corps Air Station. My grandparents used to have a house on Paulkies Island, which is about a 4 mile drive from the BMCAS, about 2 Miles by boat. So I've spent quite a few nights sleeping to the sounds of the jets doing late night touch and go's. We could sit on the dock and watch the entire show as long as they weren't doing any low flying stuff. It's worth every penny getting into the show, paying for gas to get there, anything. It's a guaranteed hit with kids. This time of year the weathers bound to be nice. Just go, you will NOT regret it.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
Will The Thrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Taco View Post
They were practicing today after our flight. I could hear them zooming around overheard while I was in the shower, and I wasn't paying any real attention to them as I'm used to it. Suddenly one shot right over the barracks so low and loud it actually startled me.
I thought it didn't post. Sorry. You ever fly over here on the east coast? Paulkies Island actually has it's own codes for building houses. They have to be able to withstand floods, hurricanes, and they have special codes for the planes shaking the houses. They fly so low and the island is situated in such a way that the pilots start banking over us to line up to landing strip that sometimes we can make out some of the writing on the side of the cockpits. Sorry I'm rambling, I could go for days on all them memories I have of that place.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manny
Location: San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch)
LilManny's Tacoma Gallery
I used to go every yer with my dad haven't been in a while but the morales air show is an AWESOME event!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
I thought it didn't post. Sorry. You ever fly over here on the east coast? Paulkies Island actually has it's own codes for building houses. They have to be able to withstand floods, hurricanes, and they have special codes for the planes shaking the houses. They fly so low and the island is situated in such a way that the pilots start banking over us to line up to landing strip that sometimes we can make out some of the writing on the side of the cockpits. Sorry I'm rambling, I could go for days on all them memories I have of that place.

I was stationed out at MCAS New River, NC for a little over two years.