1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Saturday Oct 1st Minature "Mod-day" + small run (Orozco Truck Trail)+ NEW ICONS :D

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by RJALLDAY702, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Oct 2, 2011 at 11:28 AM
    RJALLDAY702

RJALLDAY702 [OP] U MAD? OH U MAD

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota 4Runner
    6" Ruff Country DBL
    Please bare with me, this post is long haha

This was my first little "Mod Day" and it ended up being pretty awesome. But before i talk about that, I have to talk about this; About a week and a half ago i ordered the Icon stage 2 suspension kit from four wheel parts, and they gave me an ETA of the parts to arrive at Four Wheel Parts on wednesday, and an ETA on install on Thursday (The just passed wed & thurs) . So, i pay my dues and sit around for this kit to come (extremely excited) and wednesday rolls around.. and being the over-excited person that i am, I called 4WP and asked if my parts were in.. And they immediately changed the whole parts on Wed and install on Thur, and said they're getting the parts thursday and installing friday.. Now, I didnt want to be a dick, because i just wanted it done before the mod day, so i let it slide with no arguments. Then friday rolls around i drop my truck off at nine in the morning, with an ETA of being done at 6.. So six o'clock rolls around, i call and see whats up. And what i was told blew me away. "we dont have the parts, we took the truck all apart and Icon missed the UPS truck"
    I was pissed.. And immediately i told them that this was unnaceptable.. After 4 or 5 phone calls to both Icon and 4WP.. It had turned to both sides blaming eachother and NO one trying to resolve the problem.. They were trying to tell me that i had to wait til monday to get my shit.. which was unacceptable.. So after tearing both of them a new asshole, Icon finally manned up and had it shipped friday morning and it was installed saturday at three.. BUT Icon has they're new whole NEW SHOCK thing going on, so i have to wait another week because they build theyre new shocks in house.. I would have been bumbed about this, but the kit comes with a BAD ASS progressive leaf set.

Whew..

When i picked up my truck, I immediately noticed how flush the lift was on my truck, looked fantastic.. Even just with the leaf kit the back end looked great.. And even walking up to the truck I could see the Coil over's shining :D
    2011-10-01_14-40-59_824_069e2d77432c130386e93f0adccee6bc5a6012e1.jpg
    2011-10-01_14-40-50_560_5f8e9f6228ab6a1343ecf985e77de779f25a4505.jpg

So after the 4WP fiasco, It was off to San Diego (Specifically El Cajon) to meet up with Greg (Gregero) and Matt (Reckless Taco) to start on some mods i wanted to do. El Cajon was about a 2 1/2 hour drive from me (Hermosa Beach)

Alright, enough story time..

When i got to El Cajon me and greg went to frys to get all the BS for the CB.

When we arived back at gregs, Matt was already waiting and we started on the CB. And greg Seafoamed his truck.
    2011-10-02_10-58-01_775_2570031710896512530d1229a224f6c33e7fdb93.jpg

After installations we headed out to Orozco truck train in Ramona to test out the new suspension

as we were bumpin around the trail, I was completley amazed by the changes in my suspension. The diffrence was unbelievable..
    As we rounded a corner Greg shouts over the cb "JUMP!" And i look forward to see him gun it and go over this nice little jump, and instantly i started thinking "I think i need to give this set up a good test.." And i immidatley gunned it and hit the jump. I was seriously shocked on how smooth everything was, no bottoming out, only a big buck in the back due to my new leafs and old shocks..
    I <3 Icon

After that, we had to stop and do some quick repairs due to matt hearing some clanking noises which ended up his UCA's were EXTREMELY loose..

2011-10-01_22-33-50_793_7a7bb977648f205585b3413d374894c63aa56b01.jpg

When we did the repairs, we decided it was time to head home, (it was already 11:30)

As i headed back to hermosa, not excited for the two hour drive, i got extremely tired and had to stop to energy drink up!

Sorry about this long post, i feel like i just wrote an essay!

Much thanks to Greg and Matt!

2. Oct 2, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)

It was a most extremely fun day! Glad i was able to help all of you out. Im glad you came down to let us help you RJ. 2 1/2hours is pretty far to come for a quick Cb install:D but all in all it was a great day ended up installing a total of 3 Cb's for members and seafoaming my truck at the same time:D by the way i love the seafoam:D Smoother idle, better throttle response, and much quieter engine tick:D I will continue to use this product.

3. Oct 2, 2011 at 12:16 PM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    Word and word to both of ya! I had an excellent time last night and to hear that you enjoyed your suspension that much, RJ, makes me even happier about yesterday. Your truck looked awesome hitting that jump.

I agree, Matt, the idle is better, the throttle response is better, and it sounds better over all. I really expected minutes of smoke, but I was glad it was only 30 seconds. Didn't want the fire department paying us a visit. Thanks much everyone at the mod day for the help and tips! Here's one to everyone else- don't talk in between jobs; makes ya forgetful and ya lose track of where you were... Oil spills out from an unplugged drain hole...

4. Oct 2, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    Johnnie

Johnnie Well-Known Member

Member:
    I.E. SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Feds
    RJ-

You gotta leave 4WP parts and Jiffy Lube. Nothing but problems. Change your own oil and order your parts from a reputable company, like Wheelers Offroad or many others.

5. Oct 3, 2011 at 9:07 AM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    I'll second that one. I've been learning TONS since I've stepped away from shops and dealerships to do my liquids and inspections as well as installs. I only really go to a shop when I need something done that I and friends don't know how or just can't do due to lack of proper tools; Transmission drain and fill, compress coils, MAYBE my brake's hardlines... A big hammer and a wrench usually solves it all though :)

Products Discussed in

To Top