1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ultra 4 Grand Prix at Glen Helen - 10/21-10/22

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Johnnie, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Oct 13, 2011 at 11:26 AM
    Johnnie

Johnnie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I.E. SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Feds
    Does anyone plan on attending the Ultra 4 (King of the Hammer trucks) Grand Prix at Glen Helen? I think I'll be there Saturday. I believe tickets are $10.
    http://ultra4racing.com/category/grand_prix/

[​IMG]

If anyone plans on attending we can meet the Bass Pro Shop and caravan to the race. If you've never been to the track before, it's out of site so a caravan would be good for a group.

The 4Wheel Parts Ultra4 Grand Prix will be the final event of the 2011 Ultra4 Tour. Located at the historic Glen Helen Motorsports Park in San Bernardino, CA, this 256 acre park, built in 1985, will be transformed into a 3 mile Grand Prix course. Utilizing the Lucas short course track, REM, Nationals Motorcycle courses, the surrounding trail network, massive hill climbs, huge jumps, and enduro cross features the Ultra4 Grand Prix will be a great ending to an exciting season of racing. The winner will be determined by the number of laps and finishing position after four hours of continuous racing. With seating for well over 15,000 spectators Hammerking hopes to finish the season with a bang. Two weeks after the Off-road Expo, and one week after the Southern California State Fair, the timing for this event is perfect. October marks the beginning of the off-road season in Southern California. Vendors who are attending the Off-Road Expo, and plan to attend SEMA can arrange for secure trailer storage following Expo with your paid vendor space at the Ultra4 Grand Prix. Don’t miss what is sure to be one of the new favorites on the Ultra4 tour.

2. Oct 14, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    Johnnie

Johnnie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I.E. SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Feds
    Spectator Info for Glen Helen Grand Prix

Tickets are $20 on Friday for the weekend and $10 on Saturday for Adults. Kids ages 6-12 are half price and free for children under 6. There will be a BBQ Saturday night after the awards ceremony. Tickets will be available on site and cost is $15 a person. Dinner will include: chicken, burgers and brisket as well as sides. Bring your chair and your favorite beverages of choice and plan on staying for the Band and festivities! ​

Schedule of Events

Friday: Tech, Pre-Run and Qualifying Rounds will be happening throughout the day. All cars will have transponders on them and driver's best lap on Friday during pre-running will be their qualifying time for Saturday. Run the course as few or as many times as you would like!

Saturday: The race will be 2 hours with a 1 hour pit/lunch and an additional 2 hours of racing. Driver with the most laps after 4 hours will be declared the final 2011 Ultra4 Winner. There will be an awards ceremony and BBQ dinner following the race.

3. Oct 23, 2011 at 11:14 AM
    GP3

GP3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    4X4 TRD Off Road
    Front: stock suspension, 12" wide fiberglass fenders Rear: stock suspension, 10" wide fiberglass fenders
    I was there. To be honest, I was disappointed. The red flags killed it.

Products Discussed in

To Top