Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Coyote Canyon Campout Run with SoCal Tacomas (Oct 28-30)

Old 10-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Coyote Canyon Campout Run with SoCal Tacomas (Oct 28-30)

UPDATE2, 10-24-11: Meeting Point

A few of us will be leaving from El Cajon on Friday afternoon at around 2:30p.m. (I've got a few things I need to do before I leave that day: Dr. Appointment, food shopping etc.)

We can stop and wait at the Julian gas station until 3:30 when we'll roll out to Borrego Springs and into Coyote Canyon. The main
meeting spot will be at the Desert Gardens- a mile or 3 into the dirt road. This section is before the road becomes a trail so all vehicles of all sorts should be able to make it this far. You'll see us- a group of shiny trucks with a flag of some sort- probably a Toyota or American flag.

We'll be rolling out the next morning for a good trail run at around 9-10: after everyone has waken and eaten.

Communications:
CB: Channel 21
Cell Phones
Smoke Signals

UPDATE 10/22/11: How to Get to the Dirt Road:

1) From Christmas Circle in Borrego Springs,... turn north on Borrego Springs Road.

2) After 2.9 miles, the Galleta Meadows Estate historical marker will be on the right [with a big copper elephant.]

3) Swing right 0.3 miles after the marker and join Henderson Canyon Road [Borrego Springs Rd. actually turns into Henderson Canyon Rd. as it bends to the East]...

4) Continue east on Henderson Canyon Road for 4.4 miles to the T-intersection with DiGiorgio Road.

5) Turn left and proceed north on DiGiorgio Road until the pavement ends.

__________________________________________________ _________

Alright folks! The Coyote Canyon Campout Run is here! The desert days are cooling down fast and the nights are perfect for camping. The date is set for the weekend of the 28th of October, just before Halloween on Monday.

Coyote Canyon features a large variety of terrain: Sandy washes, a year round water crossing (Coyote Creek), a good rocky climb (rated 6 in difficulty), and much more sand. We will also be checking out Sheep Canyon, another area adjacent to Coyote Canyon that features bouldered, sandy washes and camp grounds and will hopefully have some time to make our way around the mountain range to Clark Dry Lake. If you've never been to Coyote Canyon, this is something to experience. Just look at the videos of other people enjoying the rock climb. Yes, it is 2WD friendly, but a lift (for the large rocks) and decent tires are recommended. We will begin in Lower Coyote Canyon and will progress to Upper Coyote Canyon.

Here's some good reading on the Canyon. Believe me, you don't want to miss this one. It's a real rollercoaster: http://www.borregospringschamber.com...ote_canyon.htm

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8ePKCkeq9M?version=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HgaiIq_dNE?version=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU1BtbSmE7I?version=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sADKuBQji-Q?version=3

Night or Day, one of my favorite places in the desert. Come join us.

List:

1. Gregero (Bringing Beer and Burger Patties)

Bring:
Shit paper
Water
Food
Blankets/Sleeping Bags
Air Compressor (if possible)
recovery tools
What nots
Old 10-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
List:

2. RJALLDAY702 (RJ) (Will bring some random shit
Old 10-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Very stoked for this! Get a good run in with my new tires!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
List:

2. Recklesstaco( soda,Chips and dip to go with gregs burger patties)
3. RJ aka Ron Jeremy( A little of this and a little of that!)

Bring:
Shit paper
Water
Food
Blankets/Sleeping Bags
recovery tools
What nots
Old 10-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
If my Mickey All Terrains did amazing, your tires going to perform flawlessly, man. I can't wait to snap pics of Matts truck and yours together. You guys really need general tire decals.
Im telling you, I cant believe we cant get a response back from those guys about decals!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
U MAD? OH U MAD

Is this a trail i should consider having my dad come, and bring the raptor along?
Old 10-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #8
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #9
Ainokea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
Is this a trail i should consider having my dad come, and bring the raptor along?

not the Raptor! he would get pinstripped up! can be very narrow at times! pin stripes are inevitable
Old 10-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #10
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
So I might be able to roll out super early on Sat morn, do you have GPS coord's of where you'll be camped out?
Old 10-20-2011, 11:02 AM   #11
DP4x4 has much to be proud ofDP4x4 has much to be proud ofDP4x4 has much to be proud ofDP4x4 has much to be proud ofDP4x4 has much to be proud ofDP4x4 has much to be proud ofDP4x4 has much to be proud ofDP4x4 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
DP4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Is there gonna be another one of these runs in the future? Cause I really want to go but I can't cause I'm moving to my new apartment that weekend.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #12
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd class petty officer
Name: chris
csjumper2003's Tacoma Gallery
List:

4. Csjumper2003( something)
Old 10-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #13
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
List:

2. RJ aka Ron Jeremy( A little of this and a little of that!)
3. Recklesstaco( soda,Chips and dip to go with gregs burger patties)

Bring:
Shit paper
Water
Food
Blankets/Sleeping Bags
recovery tools
What nots
After Chris and Doug's spirit joins, I expect the list to cease it's growth; I'm just too young and will lead a large group off the mountainside.

Quote:
Im telling you, I cant believe we cant get a response back from those guys about decals!
I just sent General a good kiss ass story of romping the dez... also told them I wanna rep them when I go to the Baja 1000, so let's see if they bite for that one.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #14
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ha I got there before you wrote it.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #15
Shinty Killer
Gabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Gabe
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
Shit yeah!, but don't want to commit and have to bail like last time so i shall stalk this thread...
Old 10-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #16
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
After Chris and Doug's spirit joins, I expect the list to cease it's growth

I just sent General a good kiss ass story of romping the dez... also told them I wanna rep them when I go to the Baja 1000, so let's see if they bite for that one.
WTF does that mean ?? Nice to see your hosting a run greg have fun

& your going to REP general when you go to the Baja 1000 ???
Old 10-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #17

Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha That means you are with us in spirit ...or I'm coming down to your place to kill ya

I'm not repping General OR going to the Baja 1000. That was just what I told General in order to get some decals and or stickers sent my way; I just wanna see if they'll give me some customer service seeing how they never respond to Reckless. I'll hand them over to Reckless and RJ if I get them. I've already got my Mickey Thompson sticker.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:04 PM   #18
U MAD? OH U MAD

Quote:
List:

Bring:
Shit paper
Water
Food
Blankets/Sleeping Bags
recovery tools
What nots
What makes you think you can jump in line ahead of me?!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #20
Jumper's Leds

He was trying to act like he beat u to the list. Shame shame. Lol

Hey punk ass you deleted me