Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

WTH is there to do out here? 818 / 626 area

Old 10-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
WTH is there to do out here? 818 / 626 area

Glendale blows...
Old 10-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
im in Glendale too...

i live up in the hills above Glendale College...

as soon as i get my front end rebuilt, you can roll with me out into the desert...

other than that, no legal OHV areas near us...

although, Rowher Flats and Gorman are only about an hour drive away...
Old 10-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

im in the Chevy Chase canyon... from your place, go up san rafael past the gated fire roads into the canyon area off Emerald Isle...

yah, those access roads aren't OHV and have a history of some pretty big brush fires, so nobody is allowed to take vehicles up there...

the locals use them for hiking and mountain biking though...

plus with all the wildlife that lives up here, they don't want any access to vehicles...

if you go up Angeles Crest Hwy from Foothill Blvd in La Canada, you can find some legal trails, but just have to aware of which ones are for 4x4 only... that or take a 4x4 with you...
Old 10-21-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
Quakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud of

EMS: EMT
Name: Eddie
Quakee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
im in the Chevy Chase canyon... from your place, go up san rafael past the gated fire roads into the canyon area off Emerald Isle...

yah, those access roads aren't OHV and have a history of some pretty big brush fires, so nobody is allowed to take vehicles up there...

the locals use them for hiking and mountain biking though...

plus with all the wildlife that lives up here, they don't want any access to vehicles...

if you go up Angeles Crest Hwy from Foothill Blvd in La Canada, you can find some legal trails, but just have to aware of which ones are for 4x4 only... that or take a 4x4 with you...

Wait... there are 4x4 legal trails at Angeles Crest?!?! WHERE!? I'm so tired of driving to azusa and rowher.

Quote:
Show me the way and I'll go with you. =]
Old 10-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
LT Chase Truck

oh im not into that type of wheeling, but i have heard there are spots up there...

offhand, according to the map, there are two possible spots...

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5166679.pdf

4N18.1 to 4N18.2

7N13
Old 10-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #6
Deanthemachine is on a distinguished road
Deanthemachine's Tacoma Gallery
I know some ok roads by lytle creek. I just find roads by going on google earth. don't quite know if there legal or not. I never saw a sign posted so I just run them. pretty sure you wouldn't wanna do this though. it gets old running the same 2 mile trail back and forth. And if it is in fact illegal it would suck to get rolled up on. your best bet would prolly be Gorman like mike said. he knows his stuff
Old 10-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #7
LT Chase Truck

i think those fire access roads in Lytle are ok... i recall guys on customtacos going up there to test for years...
Old 10-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #8
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
Myself, HBMUrphy, and straycat241 camped overnight at Rincon Shortcut trail last night. Cool trail. It is currently open ut you have to get the combo from the ranger station
Old 04-19-2013, 01:48 AM   #9
gazaaan is on a distinguished road
Name: Edo
gazaaan's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys im from Glendale to any upcoming get together ? lets all meet up have some fun
Old 05-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #10
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im in Glendale too...

i live up in the hills above Glendale College...

as soon as i get my front end rebuilt, you can roll with me out into the desert...

other than that, no legal OHV areas near us...

although, Rowher Flats and Gorman are only about an hour drive away...
pretty close haha i think ive seen your truck by Glendale college i life up Royal by Mountain