Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Charity

Old 11-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
qb6fire is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Josh
qb6fire's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Charity

With Thanksgiving around the corner i can't help but think about charity and helping out at the homeless shelter.

With that said who would be interested in finding one to vollunteer at as a TW group?

if a group of 5 minimum comments withing the next few days i would be more than happy to call around and find a local shelter to volunteer at.

any idea are also welcome

note: I have done a skid row deal before and just put together paper bag lunches of turkey sandwiches, string cheese, chips and a soda. altho it was scary as all get out being on skid row the feeling of helping out another person in need was amazing
Old 11-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I'd totally be part of this if I lived closer. Oh and you spelled charity wrong in the title.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #3

Firefighter:
qb6fire's Tacoma Gallery
haha OOOOPS!!!!!!
I guess i should wake up more before i post stuff :P

anyways why dont we start a theme and start em all across the country!
TW goes charity!! hey i can spell again
Old 11-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My little brother and I are up for it. Let me know when and what we need.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by qb6fire View Post
note: I have done a skid row deal before and just put together paper bag lunches of turkey sandwiches, string cheese, chips and a soda. altho it was scary as all get out being on skid row the feeling of helping out another person in need was amazing
we do this every year, its a family tradition for us, its awesome! kinda freaky but awesome! i would be down but im already gonna be busy with the family doing this we usually have the families provide how much ever money they want and then one family is in charge of buying some snacks and putting a bag together like what you do and we go distribute them on thanksgiving day!
bump! c'mon good people!
Old 11-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #6

Firefighter:
qb6fire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
we do this every year, its a family tradition for us, its awesome! kinda freaky but awesome! i would be down but im already gonna be busy with the family doing this we usually have the families provide how much ever money they want and then one family is in charge of buying some snacks and putting a bag together like what you do and we go distribute them on thanksgiving day!
bump! c'mon good people!
were do you go?
Old 11-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #7
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
were do you go?
last year IIRC we went to skid row and a couple different spots in LA
Old 11-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #8

Firefighter:
qb6fire's Tacoma Gallery
nice i liked the skid row because there is so many in need but its super sketchy ahah
Old 11-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #9
Quote:
nice i liked the skid row because there is so many in need but its super sketchy ahah
yup but it sure makes me feel really appreciative and it feels so good to help other people out! bump!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #10

Firefighter:
qb6fire's Tacoma Gallery
I agree to that one! They are all the same as us just less fortunate sadly
Old 11-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #12

Firefighter:
qb6fire's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you!