Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Question On Tire...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
Lovin Tacos
tacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bryant
tacomacrazy's Tacoma Gallery
Question On Tire...

I know this is not the place to post this question but Im
hoping on a quick responsible, I still have time to back out of the deal..

shopping around for some tires and I know that on a 07 db the specs are
265/70/r16

I got a steal on 265/75/r16
Im going to star driving the taco more do to weather so im storing the bike.
My question is is there a severe con on having the 75 instead of the 70??
I did the cal. on the mods & tut. and I do see the diff. but its not an extreme differ.?????
do I need to stick to stock or can I get away with it??

btw
tire is a BFgoodrich all terrian T/A KO

heres a link of the pics

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/BFG...00785&t_pl=829

Thanks a lot guys save my ass one more time=]
Old 11-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
You'll be just fine. It's only about an inch difference. In fact, most people see their speedometer read properly after going up to this size.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
What he said. FYI Downey sucks
Old 11-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #4
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
The size won't kill you
Old 11-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Tires of the same numerical spec can be slightly different in actual size amongst various brands and models. Use the Tire Rack catalog to find actual tire diameter, revs per mile and weight.

Stock BFG Rugged Trail in 265/70-16: 30.6" dia., 680 revs/mile, 37 lb.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=yes&tab=Specs
BFG AT in 265/75-16: 31.7" dia., 657 revs/mile, 54 lb.

You gain 17 lb per tire, or 68 lb of unsprung weight with a set of four. Effect on truck performance (and city gas milage) will be akin to having 200 lb extra weight in the truck.

Toyo Open Country AT, Hankook DynaPro ATM and Bridgestone Revo2 A/T are three AT tires in the 40 lb range.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #6
Lovin Tacos
tacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bryant
tacomacrazy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
You'll be just fine. It's only about an inch difference. In fact, most people see their speedometer read properly after going up to this size.
Exactly I used the cal and i would decrease some revs. but not a major difference thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
What he said. FYI Downey sucks
it does man but you cant beat the fact that we have every freeway access with out having to burn through a gas tank like whittier I call it the dead zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Tires of the same numerical spec can be slightly different in actual size amongst various brands and models. Use the Tire Rack catalog to find actual tire diameter, revs per mile and weight.

Stock BFG Rugged Trail in 265/70-16: 30.6" dia., 680 revs/mile, 37 lb.
BFG AT in 265/75-16: 31.7" dia., 657 revs/mile, 54 lb.

You gain 17 lb per tire, or 68 lb of unsprung weight with a set of four. Effect on truck performance (and city gas milage) will be akin to having 200 lb extra weight in the truck.

Toyo Open Country AT, Hankook DynaPro ATM and Bridgestone Revo2 A/T are three AT tires in the 40 lb range.
thanks for the great info!
im currently runnning toyo open and I loved them, I wanted to try something with that severe snow rating see how they handle in the mountians this year.

thanks again everyone.. having them installed later today ill post pictures

thanks
Old 11-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
The 265/75-16 is the best tire for a non-lifted Taco, and maybe the right tire... No rub off road, speedometer finally reads correctly, and you get 1/2" more ground clearance as the tire is 1" taller.

Products Discussed in this Thread