Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Last minute Death Valley Trip woth HBMurphy last weekend (Pics)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
Last minute Death Valley Trip woth HBMurphy last weekend (Pics)

There's always a couple of jackass's

Hook your trucks battery up and you have lights!

Bacon?

Hook ups to the HAM antennas, meter for the batteries, stereo and cd player with speakers throughout the property.

Oh and I did mention that they are free to use? You are supposed to be limited to 4 days but I know a couple of folks that spend weeks at these cabins.

Just hook your 20# bottle up and you have hot water, gas lights (throughout), refrigerator (propane), hot shower and it even has a bath tub!!!

Although I'm not a big fan of florescent orange clay pigeons in the desert, they were here for the sharing!

Pistachio Crusted, stuffed chicken breasts with veggies - no butter so I had to use bacon!

Getting past the 'Security Fence'

A guy I know from a previous life - was a UAW leader when I worked as a middle manager at the same UAW facility. I have met seen him out here a couple of times. Good guy.

Did someone say BACON?

This guy says we're ALL web wheelers!!!! lol

Now you know we're off BLM land and on USNPS land... WTF? Worried about the mice that would not be there if it wasn't for humans!!! WTF?

Old 11-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
SICK!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Where are those cabins at? Awesome pics
Old 11-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
There's something about Death Valley that I can't explain, a vibe, a voodoo, IDK, it's a very special place, I've been there twice and one of the main reasons I bought my tacoma is to go back there.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #7
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
next you you and Paul head out there Jasmine and i would like to tag along..i promise i'll keep the tequila bottle away from her this time haha
Old 11-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
next you you and Paul head out there Jasmine and i would like to tag along..i promise i'll keep the tequila bottle away from her this time haha

hahahahahaha come with us!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Where are those cabins at? Awesome pics
They are east of the ghost town Ballarat. THey are secluded in the hills east of the town. Need 4WD to reach them.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon H View Post
They are east of the ghost town Ballarat. THey are secluded in the hills east of the town. Need 4WD to reach them.
4x4? Check.

It's a ten hour drive from where i live, awesome place
Old 11-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #16
dtaco06 is a jewel in the roughdtaco06 is a jewel in the roughdtaco06 is a jewel in the roughdtaco06 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Danny
dtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
It's stuff like this that makes me wish I had waited for a 4x4 instead of settling on the Prerunner. Some day I'll have my trail rig, looks like an awesome good time.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #17
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool photos and a neat lodge to hang out at...

What has Paul done to his truck since last year, when he joined us in Baja... I don't recognize it?

Old 11-29-2011, 06:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Very cool photos and a neat lodge to hang out at...

What has Paul done to his truck since last year, when he joined us in Baja... I don't recognize it?

Its pretty much the same. He has my old TRD "Beadlock" wheels on it, and changed the rear housing to an 8.4" With ARB Locker
Old 11-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #19
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome pics, guess I can't go there not 4x4
Old 11-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #20
brp is on a distinguished road
brp's Tacoma Gallery
I think a locked 2wd would do fine in Death Valley. It is really dry and rocky, coarse, traction is not a huge concern, from my experience. If you get into the the snowy places, maybe.

Products Discussed in this Thread