Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Annual Spring Mojave Run May 4-6, 2012

Old 01-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Annual Spring Mojave Run May 4-6, 2012

Hey folks. Our annual Spring Mojave Run is coming up so I wanted to post up now to give you time to get time off.

The run will begin on Friday 5/4/2012 early morning in LAUGHLIN, and we will run the Mojave Road from there to Barstow/Calico.

After having done this run twice a year for several years, we decided to switch it up and run it a different way.

For those who have done this run with us before, you know what to bring. For those who want to try this with us for the first time, we will post up the official list soon, but please note that the following will be mandatory.

1. Race or HAM radio able to tap into the basic desert frequency 151.625 and MURS 151.820.
2. 10 gallons of extra fuel.
3. Firewood for two nights.
4. Food and water for 4 days (in case we get stuck longer or get attacked by Big Foot and run low on supplies).
5. Hot girls as I will have my mobile stripper pole on my truck.

Well, at least the top 4 are mandatory. We will take a vote on number 5.

Here is a video from our Fall 2010 run...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orWsIlA6WrM

The List
1. MikesDoubleCab - Mike
2. in2nite - James
3. vitang - Vi
4. Johnnie - John
5. edcal - Ed
6. RecklessTaco - Matt
7. Gregero - Greg
8. silver taco - Chris
Old 01-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
Shinty Killer
Gabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Gabe
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of race radio do you guys recommend? on the cheap
Old 01-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #4
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be ready to run yhis in the fall, won't be able to make the spring session.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Going to bring 2 spares this time ;-)
Old 01-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #10

I suggest not waiting till the last minute too. I tried to get that model 2 days before the run last year and they were out and I believe it would have taken them a week to get there. The only one I could get on short notice was from PCI and it is considerably more expensive.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #11
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
@-Gabe. Me and Greg have the ICOM V80 Handheld then we did a quick easy Mod to expand channels. They run between $99 and $120. HAM RADIO OUTLET in learnt mesa
no issues w/ using the radio while inside the truck?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #13
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Close to my b-day lol
I'm down unless something comes up.
I need to pick up a radio might get the same one as Greg.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #14
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
A cheap non portable is kenwood @ $140, however after antenna and cables, you're looking at $220ish.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #15
ntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ntydog13's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you that have gone how do you manage to not have everything in your truck bed not fly out when your romping
Old 01-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #16
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of tie down straps.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #19
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
I always put everything up against the cab and ratchet strap it across. I've never had anything fly out.

I know there is a campground at the Avi Hotel in Laughlin or you can hotel it Thursday night. some of us may choose to be in Laughlin Thursday night while others may caravan early Friday morning.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #20
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
I always put everything up against the cab and ratchet strap it across. I've never had anything fly out.

I know there is a campground at the Avi Hotel in Laughlin or you can hotel it Thursday night. some of us may choose to be in Laughlin Thursday night while others may caravan early Friday morning.
you planning to go johnnie? gotta break in that new bumper!