Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Last Minute Lucerne Valley Run - This Sat 28th & Sun 29th

Old 01-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
SoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
SoCalRoadie's Tacoma Gallery
Last Minute Lucerne Valley Run - This Sat 28th & Sun 29th

Finally have my truck together enough to start breaking it in. I would like to get a group out at Lucerne this Sat and Sunday.

I'm not going to get to Lucerne until at least Noon on Sat but I plan on staying till Sunday night.

Meeting point will be the Lowes off of Bear Valley and the 15 around 11:30am

14333 Bear Valley Road, Victorville, CA

If anyone has any suggestions on routes I'd love to hear them. Someone who has been there before and is coming along would be even better.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Jim
Old 01-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in I don know if I'll camp but I'm in haha
Old 01-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
bluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
bluetaco80's Tacoma Gallery
Id be in for sunday
Old 01-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
SoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump

anyone have a route or good starting point? I know people have run this before so I'd like to have something to look at before I get too far out there.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
if anyone has a Garmin and uses the Basecamp app, i have a great Lucerne 85 mile loop i can email you...

not a great route for anybody stock, but it will take you pretty deep into Lucerne... it starts at Soggy Lake, takes you northeast just under HWY40 then heads southwest into a remote canyon then drops down into the Cougar Buttes side, then back to Soggy Lake...

it's a .gdb file, but there is a website that can convert the file into most of the other GPS formats out there...

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input

let me know and i can email you the file...
Old 01-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
if anyone has a Garmin and uses the Basecamp app, i have a great Lucerne 85 mile loop i can email you...

not a great route for anybody stock, but it will take you pretty deep into Lucerne... it starts at Soggy Lake, takes you northeast just under HWY40 then heads southwest into a remote canyon then drops down into the Cougar Buttes side, then back to Soggy Lake...

it's a .gdb file, but there is a website that can convert the file into most of the other GPS formats out there...

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input

let me know and i can email you the file...
Sounds great. I have the MotionX GPS app that takes GPX files to my iOS device. I'll send you a PM soon. Thanks!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #8

I finally got the file to convert into something I can use. Thanks for the info!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #9
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So your leaving you place aroung noon on sat?
Old 01-27-2012, 12:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalrunner View Post
So your leaving you place aroung noon on sat?
I should be leaving Burbank around 10 ish on Saturday. That should put me in Victorville around 11:30am. Pick up anyone in the parking lot and then head to Lucerne.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #11

I may not be able to make it. Also who else Is going?
Old 01-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #12

At this point looks like I'm going up there with a work buddy. Blue might make it Sunday. This was very last minute so it's all good if no one comes out to play.