Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

San Gabriel OHV 1/28/12?

Old 01-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
Phlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Phlip4x4Sport's Tacoma Gallery
San Gabriel OHV 1/28/12?

Does anyone play out in this neck of the woods? Anyone want to go? Has the water level increased from January 8, 2012? Below are some pictures of the area I took on January 1, 2012. We stopped in for an hour on 1/8/12 and it was a blast. Plenty of sand, rocks, and river... I stayed away from the deep mud... but it was there.

I am thinking of going there this Saturday 1/28/2012. Anyone know if the recent rain increased the water and decreased the playable area?

I need Tacoma pictures here!

1/28/2012
1. Phlip4x4Sport (with Wife and 3yr old daughter)
Attached Thumbnails
San Gabriel OHV 1/28/12?-img_1140.jpg   San Gabriel OHV 1/28/12?-img_1141.jpg   San Gabriel OHV 1/28/12?-img_1142.jpg   San Gabriel OHV 1/28/12?-img_1143.jpg   San Gabriel OHV 1/28/12?-img_1144.jpg  

San Gabriel OHV 1/28/12?-img_1145.jpg   San Gabriel OHV 1/28/12?-img_1146.jpg  
Old 01-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip4x4Sport View Post
Does anyone play out in this neck of the woods? Anyone want to go? Has the water level increased from January 8, 2012? Below are some pictures of the area I took on January 1, 2012. We stopped in for an hour on 1/8/12 and it was a blast. Plenty of sand, rocks, and river... I stayed away from the deep mud... but it was there.

I am thinking of going there this Saturday 1/28/2012. Anyone know if the recent rain increased the water and decreased the playable area?

I need Tacoma pictures here!

1/28/2012
1. Phlip4x4Sport (with Wife and 3yr old daughter)
check acorausa.com i play here all the time it is like 20 minutes from my house.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
I was there the last two weeks in a row
Old 01-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
Phlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
check acorausa.com i play here all the time it is like 20 minutes from my house.

I looked there, they don't have current pictures... I just want to make sure they haven't re-flooded the place.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
I was there the last two weeks in a row

Is it about the same water level as 2 weeks ago? If so this should be a blast!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
Is there a mod that can remove the ? from the name of the thread. I am definitely going.

THanks, Phil
Old 01-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #7
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
3 days to put something together is kinda rough
Old 01-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien View Post
3 days to put something together is kinda rough
Yeah, I know it is last minute... it is all the notice I got.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
get your hot dogs and weiners going . btw monkey proof how was the carnage last weekend??
it was GREAT!!

i guess i should go through my GoPro footage and see if i got anything good
Old 01-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #12
Power Top

Quote:
sweet, did any drive shaft break.... or people peal their complete jeep bodies off the frame???
there were 2 broken shafts lol..one on a sandy hill that everyone was floundering on trying to get up...brandonh and myself made it look easy with our lockers and people were tripping on that..another on broke in some raven that i know i have on video
Old 01-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #13
Quote:
there were 2 broken shafts lol..one on a sandy hill that everyone was floundering on trying to get up...brandonh and myself made it look easy with our lockers and people were tripping on that..another on broke in some raven that i know i have on video

When I was there a couple weeks ago I couldn't believe how many people were in two wheel drive spinning their wheels furiously trying to go up hills even though they had four wheel drive. That can't break anything... can it?

My stock sport was going everywhere there was tracks... Except the deep mud, I stayed away from that. I did go for a hike in the deep mud to put logs under a guys tires. They had been tugging with bigger and bigger trucks for hours. The truck was buried into the frame. Two logs placed just so..., they pulled one more time and he was out.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #14
Power Top

uploading the first video,,,why does it take so freaken long
Old 01-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #15
Power Top

my buddy Kenny..he flops more at Azusa Canyon then he does on the trail lol..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqPGF...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #17
Quote:
my buddy Kenny..he flops more at Azusa Canyon then he does on the trail lol..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqPGF...ature=youtu.be

Ok, So I won't be going everywhere there is tracks... we'll let them do the flopping and we'll play elsewhere!
Old 01-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #18
Power Top

one more..... my buddy Miguel driving SiRMarlon's old 4runner..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueiwn...layer_embedded
Old 01-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #19
Power Top

watch at the 0.50 mark as the steel cable breaks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwDEg...eature=related