Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Need Gears installed in the High Desert

Old 02-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Need Gears installed in the High Desert

Hey guys looking for a reputable place to get my gears done in the high desert, I just bought on the group buy. I just called a place I got my wheels at and they want $500 for a 2WD?!?!??! everyone was saying 100-250max for just the install! Im in Victorville and willing to drive an hour or so to save $250+

Thanks Chris
Old 02-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
500 bucks for a 2wd!? wtf! its the 3rd member too thats the easier than the front!

dude i got charged 150 for the rear and 150 for the front. thats insane
Old 02-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i would laugh in their face, drink my monster, then keep laughing while turning my flatbill hat around backwards.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah i politely declined and turned here lol. i made sure he understood it was 2wd and he told me 500 per axle! F that!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
Banned
wow. if you want to come down to az i have a guy that will do it for like 150 bucks
Old 02-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #6

well there may be a slight possibility ill head that way for work purposes. I'm really going to try to get this taken care of locally, although victorville isn't exactly a great business place.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
well there may be a slight possibility ill head that way for work purposes. I'm really going to try to get this taken care of locally, although victorville isn't exactly a great business place.
I have a friend in your area that might help, let me call him and see if he can help you out or not.. I'll PM you if he can.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I have a friend in your area that might help, let me call him and see if he can help you out or not.. I'll PM you if he can.
THANK YOU! I appreciate it!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #9
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Chris-

You should check out Yotamasters in Corona. They're a very reputable Toyota shop. If they can't help you I'm sure they can recommend another shop.

http://www.yotamasters.com/
Old 02-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
Hey Chris-

You should check out Yotamasters in Corona. They're a very reputable Toyota shop. If they can't help you I'm sure they can recommend another shop.

http://www.yotamasters.com/
Thanks a lot John! ill have to give them a call on monday.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #11
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Wow 500 for just the install. I got quoted 650 with gears and installation.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #12
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalrunner View Post
Same here, got my 4.88s bought and installed for 600. Took about half a day here in bellflower but I feel like I got kinda ripped off as well.
Gears are around 250 and install should be 200-250 I think
Old 02-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #13
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalrunner View Post
thats not including install kits right....

edit: shit your a prerunner.... haha duh

i got gears with master installs installed front and rear for my truck. and i had a locker installed, but i bought that seperatly with lucas oil. cost me a grand
Old 02-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #14

yeah I've heard a bunch of people say anywhere from 100 -250 for just the install is what to expect. ill keep you guys posted on the place posted above by Johnnie
Old 02-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #15

UPDATE: Looks like Dirty Dangler won my business he is going to do the gears for $200 and a my fenders at a great price too!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #16
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Adam is a Great guy. He'll take good care of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
Same here, got my 4.88s bought and installed for 600. Took about half a day here in bellflower but I feel like I got kinda ripped off as well.
Gears are around 250 and install should be 200-250 I think
I got my 3rd built from ECGS for about 650 ish. thats with new bearing, and the crush sleeve. so 600-700 is the ball park price.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #17

All said and done it will be under 450 for gears install kit and install!
Old 02-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #18
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
wow. if you want to come down to az i have a guy that will do it for like 150 bucks
who is your guy?

Sierra Expeditions quoted me $550
Desert Rat quoted me like $600
Old 02-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #19
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Bump