Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Tech in North County area, if anybody needs work I'm your guy!

Old 12-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #41
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
I got a yz125 where the bolt on the clutch basket worked it's way off. The last owner didn't bend the washer over the bolt too well installing a billet basket or 8 years later of me owning the bike it worked it's way off. The clutch is fine, but I hear a tick sound near the pinion gear when you roll the bike forward around the driveway. I rode the bike thinking just to put the clutch back on and good to go. It shifts very smooth, but once you get hard on the gas I got a rattle sound once I go in the higher gears only 4th and 5th. Clutch bites hard. Looks like its time to split the cases and I don't have the tool to pull the flywheel or pull any bearing if a bearing went out or something. Think this is your thing? I going to pull the clutch apart again to see if I'm missing a part that might be bouncing around by the gears.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #42
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTaco461 View Post
I got a yz125 where the bolt on the clutch basket worked it's way off. The last owner didn't bend the washer over the bolt too well installing a billet basket or 8 years later of me owning the bike it worked it's way off. The clutch is fine, but I hear a tick sound near the pinion gear when you roll the bike forward around the driveway. I rode the bike thinking just to put the clutch back on and good to go. It shifts very smooth, but once you get hard on the gas I got a rattle sound once I go in the higher gears only 4th and 5th. Clutch bites hard. Looks like its time to split the cases and I don't have the tool to pull the flywheel or pull any bearing if a bearing went out or something. Think this is your thing? I going to pull the clutch apart again to see if I'm missing a part that might be bouncing around by the gears.
I can do it if needed, I just split the cases on my YZ250 2t for repair and also just put my CRF 450r cases back together after replacing 2 gears and a shift fork...no problem, just let me know if I can help you out.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #43
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
I can do it if needed, I just split the cases on my YZ250 2t for repair and also just put my CRF 450r cases back together after replacing 2 gears and a shift fork...no problem, just let me know if I can help you out.
Awesome thanks. I'll pull the motor out and PM you when she is ready for work. It will be easier for me just to bring the motor to you.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #44
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTaco461 View Post
Awesome thanks. I'll pull the motor out and PM you when she is ready for work. It will be easier for me just to bring the motor to you.
Sure thing, just let me know when and I can split the cases and see what needs to be done and handle it.

Just got my CRF 488R back together yesterday, its nice to have 4th and 5th gear back! Ended up bending the shift fork and damaging the dogs on 4th and the dig catch on 5th, those gears and shift forks are PRICEY! But it is what it is..

Looking forward to helping you out.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Sure thing, just let me know when and I can split the cases and see what needs to be done and handle it.

Just got my CRF 488R back together yesterday, its nice to have 4th and 5th gear back! Ended up bending the shift fork and damaging the dogs on 4th and the dig catch on 5th, those gears and shift forks are PRICEY! But it is what it is..

Looking forward to helping you out.
Sweet I'm hoping to pull the motor out tomorrow. Lets hope it isn't shift forks. I get every gear so maybe just a blown bearing.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #46
Lavadog has a spectacular aura aboutLavadog has a spectacular aura about
Marines:
Name: Ernie
Lavadog's Tacoma Gallery
Jason, nice to meet you today. Great service and prices. It was fully worth me driving from Temecula. I plan using your expertise again.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #47
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavadog View Post
Jason, nice to meet you today. Great service and prices. It was fully worth me driving from Temecula. I plan using your expertise again.
You too Ernie, hope to see you on some future runs, and come over to the San Diego BS thread! Join the party, lol.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #48
2013 DCSB 4x4
Jack Bond is on a distinguished road
Jack Bond's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #49
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bond View Post
PM sent.
Got it, I can take care of you. Not a problem, you will be glad you had me do it (if you do, lol)
I prefer that kind of work over general repairs, but work is work!

Talk to you soon buddy. And thanks for giving me a shot.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #50
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
So... how bad is it to drive on a rear shock that's leaking from the shaft seal?

I have those Kings showing up soon, just want to make sure this Icon is still rebuild-able if I say screw it and drive on the leaky shock for a couple weeks.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #51
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Last Year, Jason did the gear oil change on the two differentials and transfer case in my 2010... Great job, and highly recommend him! Now running Mobil 1 75/90 in the front diff. and transfer case, and 75/140 in the rear diff. per his recommendation... being the rear is the workhorse differential in use 100% of the time and has the most load when hill climbing.
Jason is an off road racer and four wheeler, and knows the harsh conditions in the mountains and deserts of the USA, and Baja California!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #52
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
So... how bad is it to drive on a rear shock that's leaking from the shaft seal?

I have those Kings showing up soon, just want to make sure this Icon is still rebuild-able if I say screw it and drive on the leaky shock for a couple weeks.
If its leaking slowly it shouldnt be a big issue, its just when the fluid in critically low it can cause it to wear faster due to lack of lubrication, however it would need to be pretty darn low on fluid for this to happen, I think your fine, I wouldnt worry too much about it. Run it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Last Year, Jason did the gear oil change on the two differentials and transfer case in my 2010... Great job, and highly recommend him! Now running Mobil 1 75/90 in the front diff. and transfer case, and 75/140 in the rear diff. per his recommendation... being the rear is the workhorse differential in use 100% of the time and has the most load when hill climbing.
Jason is an off road racer and four wheeler, and knows the harsh conditions in the mountains and deserts of the USA, and Baja California!
Thanks David! I really appreciate the recommendation and hope this year turns out good for you and finances start looking up (for me too!) Hope your truck is still doing well so you can keep on touring Baja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bond View Post
PM sent.
Was nice meeting you, hope the leafs are working as well as you had hoped and glad I could find a quick fix for the bump stops with the new U-bolt/plate configuration without having to spend that $200+ on the kit they dont mention. (nice having a welder on hand).
Thanks for the work!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 PM   #53
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BUMP for another awesome job by Speed Freek

Jason assembled and installed this BAMF shock relocation kit and shocks. I couldn't be happier with the quality, and a tower that looks OEM with King 12s!!

Before and After:

[/QUOTE]
Old 01-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #54
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice and consistent welds
Old 01-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #55
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Are those 8" rears, David?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #56
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
most likely 12's

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...ation-kit.html
Old 01-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #57
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wow I like that, instead of punching through the bed
Old 01-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Are those 8" rears, David?
12s
Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #59
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Very nice and consistent welds
Thanks! I try...

Hey David, thanks for posting up those pics, they look great!
And thank you for choosing me to do the work once again, you business is VERY appreciated!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #60
Jason, could you fab those things yourself for me?