Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Tech in North County area, if anybody needs work I'm your guy!

Old 01-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #61
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Jason, could you fab those things yourself for me?
I could, but may as well just get the kit, probably be cheaper since all the parts are all cut out, my Plasma is gone now so it takes me a while to cut everything out. Not sure what the tower kit costs, but more than likely worth it.

I can make pretty much anything, but if I have to figure everything out it adds hours, in the kit all the R&D is done, I think its more cost effective in the end.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #62
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good, will have to hit up BAMF and check costs, but as posted above, I like your welds, so I'll definitely be hitting you up for that, and possibly a new front bumper amongst other things
Old 01-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #63
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Sounds good, will have to hit up BAMF and check costs, but as posted above, I like your welds, so I'll definitely be hitting you up for that, and possibly a new front bumper amongst other things
No problem, thanks for considering me!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #65
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
BUMP for another awesome job by Speed Freek

Jason assembled and installed this BAMF shock relocation kit and shocks. I couldn't be happier with the quality, and a tower that looks OEM with King 12s!!

Before and After:

[/QUOTE]

Old 03-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #66
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
This happened today.

Have to order new bump stops from energy suspension directly cause its a factory replacement part that NO ONE stocks in San Diego.

Jason replaced the old stock lower arms for some that have been modified to be stronger and have brand new OEM bushings installed.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #67
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrom32 View Post
Sub'd im from LA county but I wouldn't mind driving down for a day to get my shock relocation mounts welded and installed.
Prepare for a long day, lol. Bring something to do, the rear kit takes a long time and tons of grinding and cutting, gotta pull the bed, etc. But I can have it done in a full 8+ hour day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
This happened today.

Have to order new bump stops from energy suspension directly cause its a factory replacement part that NO ONE stocks in San Diego.

Jason replaced the old stock lower arms for some that have been modified to be stronger and have brand new OEM bushings installed.

Hey, thanks for the pics Micah, ready for some desert action now, now you got the goods, lol.
Glad we could get it on the 2nd time around....damn bushings. Does it feel any different due to the new bushings?
Old 03-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #69
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet!

A hypothetical question Jason:

My wife's son works at Stewart's Raceworks in Santee and he is talking about upgrading to Fox and other stuff. His boss is Ivan's son Craig, who owns a Tacoma, and we know what Ivan did for Toyota.

Okay Jason, if I get work (but don't win the lottery, to get the full Raceworks treatment), what would I need to save up for a mild suspension upgrade/ minor lift... What components would you recommend. This is just to get the truck to not do the 'rocking horse' on a road with whoops, ie. stay level as the tires and suspension absorbs the bumps. Is this possible as a mild upgrade, or only possible with a major change of components as on a Class 7 racer or Baja pre-runner?

Thank you!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #70
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Sweet!

A hypothetical question Jason:

My wife's son works at Stewart's Raceworks in Santee and he is talking about upgrading to Fox and other stuff. His boss is Ivan's son Craig, who owns a Tacoma, and we know what Ivan did for Toyota.

Okay Jason, if I get work (but don't win the lottery, to get the full Raceworks treatment), what would I need to save up for a mild suspension upgrade/ minor lift... What components would you recommend. This is just to get the truck to not do the 'rocking horse' on a road with whoops, ie. stay level as the tires and suspension absorbs the bumps. Is this possible as a mild upgrade, or only possible with a major change of components as on a Class 7 racer or Baja pre-runner?

Thank you!
Yeah Ivan is the original Ironman!

AS far as your truck, the best bet is to add a bit of travel and better dampers front and rear, but the options are virtually endless as far as the details go. To be honest I dont know what the parts cost, my customers just drop off a boatload of parts and I put em on.

But we can talk about what you want to do and look into part costs to see what your budget allows, I have a hard time just trying to come up with a number that is going to be realistic. We would need to do some research, but as far as labor goes you know I will give you a great deal on that side of things.

Have you scouted around the Mid-Travel thread to get some ideas?
Old 03-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #71
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Actually yes, its smoother and more responsive.
Awesome! Glad it feels better after the swap. Dont have to worry about bending those suckers.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #72
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Visited Speed Freek today for a quick wrap up of the rear suspension with some resi mounts

I bought this set from Poly Performance by Synergy: http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...r-p-25984.html

They have some different options too:
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...Kit-p-783.html

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...r-p-25986.html

Here is the finished install, thanks again for superb work Jason!

Old 03-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #73
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
Visited Speed Freek today for a quick wrap up of the rear suspension with some resi mounts

I bought this set from Poly Performance by Synergy: http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...r-p-25984.html

They have some different options too:
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...Kit-p-783.html

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...r-p-25986.html

Here is the finished install, thanks again for superb work Jason!

Thank you for your continued support David, really means a lot!

Quote:
^Nice! Looks super clean!^
Thanks! Yours will be just as nice.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #74
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
David, are those Ride Rite or another brand of air bags I see in the photos of the rear King shocks?

I still have my Ride Rites (in a box) that were installed on my '05 for the 'Harsh Ride' issue (bottoming) my dealer (Toyota Carlsbad) refused to fix (asked from 2005-2007), so in 2007 I dished out money to Off Road Warehouse for the Ride Riites and Bilstein 5100s in the rear... worked like a charm! My 2010 (Dec. 2009 +) does not bottom out (yea, better springs, but still just 3 leafs)... so I never re-installed the air bags, but have them, just in case!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #75
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Thank you for your continued support David, really means a lot!
Absolutely Jason, your work and prices are great! Unless that nick on my frame starts growing....

Quote:
Trust me I can't freaking wait! Do you think DSM has those resi mounts?
Pretty sure they can get something similar. These were supposed to be for Fox, but any 2.0 mount should work fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
David, are those Ride Rite or another brand of air bags I see in the photos of the rear King shocks?

I still have my Ride Rites (in a box) that were installed on my '05 for the 'Harsh Ride' issue (bottoming) my dealer (Toyota Carlsbad) refused to fix (asked from 2005-2007), so in 2007 I dished out money to Off Road Warehouse for the Ride Riites and Bilstein 5100s in the rear... worked like a charm! My 2010 (Dec. 2009 +) does not bottom out (yea, better springs, but still just 3 leafs)... so I never re-installed the air bags, but have them, just in case!
They actually aren't bags, they are Timbrens
I never even attempted much on my stock non-TSB springs, went straight to a progressive pack instead of AAL.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #76

David K's Tacoma Gallery
They looked different, but I thought I saw an air tube in your photo! LOL Thanks!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #77

oh yeah, those are the rear brake lines. One of them kinda looks like it connects to the bump stop but it's an optical illusion, they are about 12" apart.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #78
OsideTRD will become famous soon enoughOsideTRD will become famous soon enough

OsideTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Wanted to say Jason did a great job installing my UCAs this week, highly recommended. Works fast and gets the job done. Thanks Jason!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #79
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Jason . Ill be passing along your number to a friend ( mike ) . He has a 2000 4runner and the motor is bogging down under full acceleration .
Old 03-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #80
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This happened today.

The Truck Shop stocks poly bushing sets for both 1st and 2nd Gens for factory LCA replacements. $50 a set, just incase anyone else needs them and asks you Jason. Save a few hundred over dealers for what Micah paid.