Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

GORUCK CHALLENGE -- 03 NOV or 04 NOV in Los Angeles

Old 02-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
GORUCK CHALLENGE -- 03 NOV or 04 NOV in Los Angeles

go·ruck [verb go + verb ruck] noun ruck is short for rucksack (aka backpack), it’s also a verb: to ruck is to move with a rucksack, and implies action, energy, and purpose.

hey boys and girls, i decided to start a thread to guage interest to see if any of my fellow TW members want to take on the GORUCK CHALLENGE in November. I already have one member considering taking the course and it would be cool to get a small group from here together to take on the challenge. By this time it will be my second time doing the event, my brother and I are participating in the June event in San Fran.

I'll leave the majority of research of the challenge up to you but the GORUCK Challenge is a Military, Special Operation style training event. It test's an individuale's mental and physical fitness while requiring teamwork of the class to complete each individual task and challenge which in turn builds a special kind of camraderie amongst the team.

Each of the cadre members are prior Special Operation members from various branches of the military and all have over sea's operational experience.

I live for this stuff, did it on the daily while in the military and this is one of the few courses that can replicate special operations training and selection in a civilian environment.

Hit me up if you are interested, have questions, want training tips or anything else. I'm planning to do the event regardless... hope to see some of you out there too.

GORUCK
http://www.goruck.com/

GORUCK CHALLENGE: LA
http://goruckchallenge.com/events/los-angeles-fall/

PAST GORUCK EVENTS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouWdQxlhx5o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk2LW...f=mfu_in_order
Old 02-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
You know I'm down. Now I just need to train like you .
Old 02-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
You know I'm down. Now I just need to train like you .
i was about to PM this to you. best place to start is just go outside and run a few miles...
Old 02-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Did you sign up already for the June event?
Also did you buy one of their bags?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Did you sign up already for the June event?
Also did you buy one of their bags?
have not signed up yet. kinda waiting for my brother to get his shit together and figure out when he'll get back... if he'll be back in time. he goes to college in virginia

i will be buying one of their rucks. shit is nice. i already have their hat
Old 02-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
Love me some tacos!!!!
Fred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the roughFred1524 is a jewel in the rough

Marines: Cpl. 2nd BN. 4th Mar
Name: Fred
Fred1524's Tacoma Gallery
Subd...looks like fun
Old 02-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
I did the last LA one. I'm glad I did it. I might be doing the one in nov, I have to see how busy my schedule is going to be.
right on man, the january event last month in LA? i wanted to do that one but i was out of town that weekend...

have you done the tough mudder?
Old 02-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #10
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, ENS 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
right on man, the january event last month in LA? i wanted to do that one but i was out of town that weekend...

have you done the tough mudder?
Yeah, and the spartan. I'm also doing the Irvine lake 5k in March.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
Yeah, and the spartan. I'm also doing the Irvine lake 5k in March.
nice. i did the mudder and ran my first marathon last year. got a few half marathons i'm doing this year and the so cal tough mudder in july. gotta keep busy
Old 02-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #13

^ that is so bad ass.
Now I really can't wait to do it.

Mr. Brown and tips on training?
Old 02-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #14
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, ENS 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^ that is so bad ass.
Now I really can't wait to do it.

Mr. Brown and tips on training?
I really didn't do that much to train just for this. If you're in any decent shape you should be ok. Prepping your pack and bringing the right stuff helps out alot.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #15
o_o
Special_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Eddie
Special_K's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. I'll be down for this if I'm around. Got the Tough Mudder next weekend, should be fun.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #16

bump...

my brother and i will be at the June event in San Fran