Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

SoCal Tacoma's BS Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #4461
Mad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Marty
Mad Man Marty's Tacoma Gallery
FREE Energy Suspension Poly products

Update-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Man Marty View Post
Here is the update on the free energy suspension.
I had a nice follow up conversation with jeff (1 of the managers there)today.Here is the more detailed info on how everything works.You drop your truck off.They take measurements of everything.
They install parts they have, or manufacture, then install and triple check for proper fit. After the measuring, it does take a couple days to produce.
In all your truck is there for five days (week).
For your trouble you get energy suspension's poly products everywhere on your truck, installed for no charge.They have to put you into their shop schedule, and what works well for you.
There are 2 ways to get it set up.Call jeff @ 949-361-3935. He is always on the phone, but he does get back.He needs to run up the ladder to get scheduled.2nd method (jeff rec'd) hit them on facebook.
If i were closer, i would do both for free product.
They make a great product. I have had them on other trucks.
Someone please set this up and keep TW up to date with how it works out.
Thanks, madmanmarty
Old 04-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #4462
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
So 5 days and free poly everything? I think i'll call tomorrow morning and see whats up. I need to install ALL of my new suspension..if I can work that in for free and just get the truck back in a few days...that would work for me
Old 04-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #4463
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
LOL, Thats thinking outside the box!!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #4464
Race Fire/Med Rescue
res4cue is a name known to allres4cue is a name known to allres4cue is a name known to allres4cue is a name known to allres4cue is a name known to allres4cue is a name known to all

Firefighter:
Name: John
res4cue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjumper2003 View Post
Hey guys just letting peeps know. I have 2 white 8" led bars, 1 22" white led bar, and a 12" amber led bar if anyone is interested hit me up.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #4465
TRDFORME is on a distinguished road
TRDFORME's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys new to tw and just got a tacoma 4x4. I recently purchased some used sway a way coilovers that need rebuilt. Anybody know of anyone that rebuilds them locally? I currently have them at orw in temecula for the past two weeks and they haven't done anything with them. I'm willing to take them from orw if there is a local shock rebuilder. Thanks, mike
Old 05-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #4466
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDFORME View Post
Hey guys new to tw and just got a tacoma 4x4. I recently purchased some used sway a way coilovers that need rebuilt. Anybody know of anyone that rebuilds them locally? I currently have them at orw in temecula for the past two weeks and they haven't done anything with them. I'm willing to take them from orw if there is a local shock rebuilder. Thanks, mike
TCYota can help you most likely or DownSouth Motorsports is in San Diego. Not sure of anyone specifically in T-mec.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #4467
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
TCYota can help you most likely or DownSouth Motorsports is in San Diego. Not sure of anyone specifically in T-mec.
Thanks for the reply, ya down south had told me they don't rebuild sway a way for some reason
Old 05-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #4468
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, ya down south had told me they don't rebuild sway a way for some reason
Weird.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #4469
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PM Tyler Tcyota like Chris said. He is just a quick trip down to Escondido from you.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #4470
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
So 5 days and free poly everything? I think i'll call tomorrow morning and see whats up. I need to install ALL of my new suspension..if I can work that in for free and just get the truck back in a few days...that would work for me
Did you do this?
Old 05-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #4471
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
PM Tyler Tcyota like Chris said. He is just a quick trip down to Escondido from you.
Will do, thanks guys.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #4472
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post
Did you do this?
No.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #4473
tacoma492 is on a distinguished road
tacoma492's Tacoma Gallery
question for all you 2nd gen tacos with a 3inch lift.... i noticed that when i am turning on round-about ramps to get onto the freeway, my vsc tends to beep and sometimes it causes abs to kick in and lock my front breaks making it extremely scary when driving. ive read that some people brought there trucks in to the dealer to have the vsc re-calibrated but only a few taco members have had success with bringing it in. other members have said its a waste of money. so its 50/50. help please
Old 05-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #4474
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma492 View Post
question for all you 2nd gen tacos with a 3inch lift.... i noticed that when i am turning on round-about ramps to get onto the freeway, my vsc tends to beep and sometimes it causes abs to kick in and lock my front breaks making it extremely scary when driving. ive read that some people brought there trucks in to the dealer to have the vsc re-calibrated but only a few taco members have had success with bringing it in. other members have said its a waste of money. so its 50/50. help please
Yes you need to have the yaw recalibrated. Try places other than the dealer, because the hourly rate is stupid expensive.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #4475
tacoma492 is on a distinguished road
tacoma492's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks the reply lembowski. Are there any places you would recommend getting it re calibrated at in San Diego?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
Yes you need to have the yaw recalibrated. Try places other than the dealer, because the hourly rate is stupid expensive.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:36 PM   #4478
Well, that's not necessarily true about them hating lifts . But Yea, after thinking about it, they wouldn't cover it because they could very well prove that your lift caused the VSC to trip more than necessary...so yea...

On another note...I bet Jason (Speed Freak) could fix that for you, or at least do something along the lines of that to help you (us maybe )
Old 05-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #4479
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Well, that's not necessarily true about them hating lifts . But Yea, after thinking about it, they wouldn't cover it because they could very well prove that your lift caused the VSC to trip more than necessary...so yea...

On another note...I bet Jason (Speed Freak) could fix that for you, or at least do something along the lines of that to help you (us maybe )
Sell your truck and get a first gen, Problem(s) Solved.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #4480
Well, I haven't had the issue yet...but only had the lift on for a few hours . My only problem was apparently a couple lug nuts on my front tire were loose...had a bad clunking sound on my way home...got home found 3 nuts were on by a couple threads. ouch...that could have ended badly. Could have just been alignment off, not completely tightened and they loosened up quick, who knows. Alignment tomorrow, hopefully VSC stay's the F in its box

Products Discussed in this Thread