1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

714 OME Install Help (PICS ADDED)

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Designated Hitter, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Mar 26, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    did you get a alignment yet??

2. Mar 26, 2012 at 8:35 AM
    Designated Hitter

Designated Hitter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Orange County, California
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    Ok so here's the deal with that. I went to the Firestone by my house and did the lifetime deal- $180. When I first walked in I asked if they would be able to align my truck that is lifted. They took a look at it and said yes. So I left and came back bout an hour and a half later to pick it up.

I show up to pick it up and I'm all excited that it will be done. I open the door to get in and I see that someone got grease marks on my seat, door handle and center console. I was pissed considering my truck is brand new. Went in and told the guy about it; he got some cleaner and cleaned it up no problem.

Ok, so then I leave and it didn't take long for me to realize that it was still pulling to the right. I took it back and let the manager know that I was upset about the grease and it still not being aligned.

Another hour later I pick it up and the guy tells me about the adjustments he made and why it was off. They cleaned it up a little nicer this time. So I drive away and it's still pulling to the right.

I'm not too happy. I plan on taking it back after work today and making the guy get in the truck with me while I'm driving it so he can see what I'm seeing. I'm gonna tell them I asked if they can align it and they said yes. If they can't do it, no big deal, just give me my money back. Is this reasonable?

Also, he didn't touch the adjustments on the UCA'S; he said those were only necessary if you can't align it with the factory adjustments.

Feedback plz?

3. Mar 27, 2012 at 7:49 PM
    Designated Hitter

Designated Hitter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Orange County, California
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    PICS ADDED!!!

4. Mar 27, 2012 at 10:04 PM
    Manwithoutaplan

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP

looks very good man. Hope you got the alignment all figured out. those blackrims give it alot more personality

5. Mar 28, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    [​IMG]

Looks good Daniel.
    :thumbsup: To Ryan & anyone else that helped.
    TW comes through again!

6. Mar 28, 2012 at 7:38 PM
    Manwithoutaplan

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    yep any time always willing to help

Products Discussed in

To Top