Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Big Bear/San Bernardino Mtns. Conditions?

Old 03-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Plannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Plannerman99's Tacoma Gallery
Big Bear/San Bernardino Mtns. Conditions?

Any one have any first hand knowledge of what this last storm brought to the mountains? I had hoped to get up there yesterday to play a little, but couldn't pull it off.

Maybe next weekend...
Old 03-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
this is what we went through saturday night/Sunday morning:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Old 03-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Plannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
this is what we went through saturday night/Sunday morning:
So jealous
Old 03-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
diablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nice
Name: Alejandro Gonzalez
diablo_Alex2777's Tacoma Gallery
we are planning a family trip on sunday. going to try and making it from green valley to holcomb valley using 3n16. your are welcome to tag along.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
dpalmer619 is a splendid one to beholddpalmer619 is a splendid one to beholddpalmer619 is a splendid one to beholddpalmer619 is a splendid one to beholddpalmer619 is a splendid one to beholddpalmer619 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Derek
dpalmer619's Tacoma Gallery
I have no idea what the trail is called. but if your taking the 38 up the mountain theres an entrance a few miles after you pass the last town before you start to head up the mountain. theres a 3 mile look out point up this trail but it breaks off to different trails that i was told you can make it all the way around the mountain? there was still some snow and huge puddles all through the trail yesterday but im sure by this weekend it will be fine. it says snow in the forecast for sunday though.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo_Alex2777 View Post
we are planning a family trip on sunday. going to try and making it from green valley to holcomb valley using 3n16. your are welcome to tag along.
Thanks for the offer. I'm heading up tomorrow for the weekend. Maybe we'll see you in Holcomb Valley. By the way, 60% chance of snow Sunday afternoon!
Old 03-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #8
diablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plannerman99 View Post
Thanks for the offer. I'm heading up tomorrow for the weekend. Maybe we'll see you in Holcomb Valley. By the way, 60% chance of snow Sunday afternoon!
Hope to see you.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #9
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
more snow coming tomorrow
Old 03-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #10
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Last weekend in the 2' of snow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9urIriFbOG8
Old 03-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #11
Cool thanks for the info. We r doing a snow run :-).
Old 03-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #13
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandjunkie View Post
From Last Weekend

Truck looks good man but you need to ditch the cables lol was it r3 conditions up there ?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #14
sandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sandjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by precoma View Post
Truck looks good man but you need to ditch the cables lol was it r3 conditions up there ?
I don't think it was. But my buddys wife called on her way down and said my buddy was all over the place in his jeep. It freaked my wife out so I put them on really quick to shut her up.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #15
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Good man keeping the wife happy....lol
Old 03-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #16
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm coming up today and wondering what the road conditions are?

The website for BEAR states open roads with NO restrictions. Is this True?

Going up the 330 NB to Big Bear Lake Blvd to my Cabin.

Thanks!

If I NEED Chains, anyone have any I can borrow for 33's? Where is the BEST place to buy some last minute ones if I need it.

PM me your number and I'll pay you for your help.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #17
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Road Conditions

As of 11:14 am 3-26-12 All three roads to Big Bear are OPEN.

Chains are required on Hwy 330/18 the front way on all vehicles except 4WD and AWD with snow tires.

No chains required on Hwy 38 or Hwy 18 thru Lucerne.

We expect these restrictions will be lifted later this morning to early afternoon.

Is this true? Does anyone know if its been lifted>?
Old 03-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #18

I came down the mountain yesterday as the storm was hitting and roadway conditions were favorable. Sorry, I don't know what the evening brought.

As far as chains go, I've found that Wal-Mart tends to have the best prices.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #19

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ Thanks. I'm hoping its clear as they say its going to be lifted on Chains by the early evening.

But I'll take the back way to be safe as its stated