Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Looking for places to off-road

Old 03-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
rogerkamp8817 is on a distinguished road

Name: Roger
rogerkamp8817's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for places to off-road

I moved down to socal to take a job in Long Beach about a year ago. Where I came from (Reno, NV), I used my Tacoma's 4x4 a lot! However, I haven't really found any place close by that I can take my truck to down here.

I have factory wheels/tires with billy 5100's in the front set to 1.75. I really want to get my truck dirty! Any recommendations on where I can go that isn't too far from Long Beach?

Are there any cool spots that I go to that will let me drive on the beach?
Old 03-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
garcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mario
garcm329's Tacoma Gallery
I have tried searching and searching but I think the only beach you can drive on now (publicly) is Pismo/Oceano dunes. I think you can drive on the beach at camp penalton (i think thats how its spelled) but im sure you have to be military for that.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
there is a ton of places within 1-3 hours

Big Bear, cleghorn, johnson valley, Anza Borrego, Ocotillo etc.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
garcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mario
garcm329's Tacoma Gallery
Where abouts in LB do you live?? I work out there like 2-3 times a week... and if you ever want to make the drive out to cleghorn let me know i dont live too far and have done it plenty of times if you wanna go with someone who knows the roads (decently at least)...
Old 03-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...eet-march.html
Old 03-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
You have Holy Jim and Silverado canyon in Orange County. no more then an 1hr drive for you.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #8

i have family in town that that weekend!
Old 03-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Go to this site for off roading locations: http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Main_Page

As for beach driving... unpopulated areas of Baja California coastline... there are many.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #10

is it pretty safe to drive into mexico? i heard it is from some people and it isn't from others...

the reason i ask is because i would love to drive down that way to do some spearfishing. anyone else into spearfishing?

here are some videos / pictures of my spearfishing adventures

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjHOf...p1FYfGDkU5k%3D

http://www.youtube.com/user/rogerkamp8817/videos
Old 03-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #11
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the ones who say it isn't safe heard that on the evening news and have never been there themselves...

Go to my web site, see my trip photos from the past dozen years... and decide if that kind of beauty, off roading, adventure is for you!

On the evening news here (San Diego) last night were stories of some 5 murders here in San Diego County... and people say Mexico is dangerous!??

I have been going to Baja since I could drive (1974) and before I was 16 with my partents (back to 1965) and I have never been the victim of a crime... http://VivaBaja.com