Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Welks Run (Drug Airport) Saturday 7 Apr 12

Old 04-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #21
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
65 Photos... in 3 groups...

Randy, see if you can find me one of these...

Hey, there's my truck!

Okay, break for the next group...
Old 04-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #22
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery

There are even more trails on the Welk Run/ Drug Airport area that even Randy may not climb!

I got tired of leading, so here is the view from the back of the line!

Some DEEP ruts up there!

Besides off road vehicles, there is some neat rock formations up there...

Hey, how did I get in front again??

Okay one more break, the last group is next!
Old 04-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #23

David K's Tacoma Gallery

Randy did get over halfway back up the 'big drop', on his own... it was his amazing skill and ability of the 2WD Tacoma on this 4WD trail that he almost completed the entire 13 mile run without any help!

No worries, you did great Randy... better than I expected! I have a tow strap, and it was recently tested on James at the Diablo Dropoff!

That is the first tough grade and is where I started taking photos at the top of this series... we returned the same way we drove in.

It was a great day, great people and great trucks!
Thanks for posting this run Randy, I was itching to go four wheeling, and this was only a dozen miles from my home.. beats driving 100 to Ocotillo Wells... and it was more challenging, and much tougher than last time I was in there!

VIVA THE WELK RUN, VIVA TOYOTA!!
Old 04-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #24
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
So awesome guys! I used to be out there every day. Haven't been in a while glad its still open. I used to always come in from the old twin oaks side, is that still open?
Next time you guys go up there hit me up I'll roll out on my Supermoto
Old 04-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #25

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
So awesome guys! I used to be out there every day. Haven't been in a while glad its still open. I used to always come in from the old twin oaks side, is that still open?
Next time you guys go up there hit me up I'll roll out on my Supermoto
You just drive over a curb, above the Deer Springs Exit AM/PM... they added a rock pile along part of the curve, but there is still a place next to it to leave the pavement... up from the AM/PM.

My first time in was off Twin Oaks... Mayor Rd.... had deep ruts climbing up. Last time I tried (a few months ago) it was bulldozed and gated.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #26
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
You just drive over a curb, above the Deer Springs Exit AM/PM... they added a rock pile along part of the curve, but there is still a place next to it to leave the pavement... up from the AM/PM.

My first time in was off Twin Oaks... Mayor Rd.... had deep ruts climbing up. Last time I tried (a few months ago) it was bulldozed and gated.
Hmmm yeah there are so many ways in. Last time I was up there was about six months ago when my buddy bought a 06 4wd tundra and wanted to pop its cherry and we made it up the back no problem.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #27
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Holy fuck Randy! I didn't even recognize your truck in the first few pictures posted!! Truck is looking amazing man. Still stationed at Miramar? Lucky!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #29

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Damn , those are some nice looking trails guys , great pics !!...

It was actual the best I have seen/ driven there... and by 'best', I mean worst! You know as in toughest... the ruts were bigger and deeper, and more rocks... and even a big mud puddle by the 'Drug Airport'... So the 'youngsters' could splash and get the 'covered in mud' look.

They tried to get me to play in there, but I did drive in the deep one and make some waves... LOL
Old 04-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #31
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Great pictures . I haven't been our there in about 6 months . Looks like the 2wd made it up the big hill . Nice

Old 04-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #32

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Randy... I just posted some picks from Roller Derby that we went to last night in Del Mar, I mentioned to you guys... in The San Diego B.S. thread, here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ml#post4881726
Old 04-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #34

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Randy, how's it coming along? Does Brent post on TW or email his pics to you?
Old 04-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #35
Zombie Killer
surferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of light

EMS: EMT
surferkid's Tacoma Gallery
there are a buttload of rock anchors in those rock formations because of me
Old 04-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #36

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Looking forward to Brent and Randy's pics!