Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Welks Run (Drug Airport) Saturday 7 Apr 12

Old 04-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #41
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
looks like you guys had a blast great pics.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #42
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Run looks better than I pictured, I had never ran that before. Great job on the pics, I'll be in for that one soon for sure
Old 04-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #44
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Randy... Nice to see your photos and the 2 videos... I am hoping the rooster tails I made were captured by brent... on the big drop, going up.

I zero'd my trip odometer at the start... and it was 6.5 miles at the far point where we almost poped up to that street (where you found the Tacoma 4x4 mud flap).

So, with a run down to the west end of the Drug Airport runway (while you two were splashing in that mud puddle... about a 14 mile round trip run... Not bad for being so close to the freeway, Escondido and San Marcos.

I just hope that we can enjoy for some time, and that will be possible if nobody dumps their trash, sprays graffiti, or starts fires up there. I've been going up there for over 2 years... maybe 5 times.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #46
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, me too!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #47
blknightdoc is on a distinguished road
Navy:
blknightdoc's Tacoma Gallery

IMG]http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r604/navycorman/Facebook/more%20truck%20madness/529650_365838053454860_100000860042644_1040085_577 115318_n.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #48

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Brent for your first post on TW and posting those photos... Fun times... Even the pull up the 'Big Drop'!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #49
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
wow, didn't realize you could see all the way to carlsbad from up there
Old 04-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #50

David K's Tacoma Gallery
It was a beautiful day and yes, the Carlsbad power plant was in plain view along the top of the ridge. More rain tomorrow and the snow level down to 3500 ft. by Saturday! It's Spring!! Global Warming... LOL!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #51

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Just notice some gnarly spin scratches on my wheel from the pull through the rocks... I loved it all, anyway!

Love to go four wheeling... Can't go to Superstition tonight because something came up for tomorrow...
Old 08-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #52

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Bump!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #53
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
looks fun.

when i worked in escondido i frequently took lunch in that cul de sac and i always seen the sheriff writing citations to people comming outta there after off roading.

i always wanted to go wheel out there but was always scared to get a citation.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #54
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
looks fun.

when i worked in escondido i frequently took lunch in that cul de sac and i always seen the sheriff writing citations to people comming outta there after off roading.

i always wanted to go wheel out there but was always scared to get a citation.
There are other ways outta there just dont come out there, simple as that!
There a a couple of really low key was in/out that are not going to have LEO, besides you should be able to see them before you even get close to the Cul de sac and just go out somewhere else, i have never seen cops there out of the 20 times I have been there, yesterday included and I exited that very spot.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #55

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Yah, the cops would put a damper on it... I would just tell them I was looking at property to buy.

I originally got in off Twin Oaks Valley Road, closer to the Drug Airport side. But, last time I went to use that way, the road was graded and no trespassing signs erected. There is a steep entrance at the north end, we went to on the trip in this thread. The 2WD may not have made it, so we came back out to the ARCO station street.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #58

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Wheres pics from other day ???
I asked about photos in their thread, and alas they took none... Seemed appropriate to bump this thread up in that case...
Old 08-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #59
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
yes .. major fail on my part for not taking any pics .. I will have that corrected on the next time out for sure
Old 08-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #60
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Wheres pics from other day ???
It was a froading trip not a sightseeing tour Doug...thats how we roll!

The pictures are forever filed in my memory..

I am more than willing to go again, just say the word and I am ready to go! The Trophy Jeep is waiting...