Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Welks Run (Drug Airport) Saturday 7 Apr 12

Old 04-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
damn, I Haven't been there in a while! Last I checked the place we use to enter was gated off..and it was a heavy duty gate..those big tube gates
Old 04-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
and I'd totally be down since I'm like 10 mins from there, but I'll be in the desert this weekend
Old 04-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Randy, I will meet you there... You don't go through any gates, you just drive over the curb near the gate at the cul 'd sac. See my sateliite images Randy posted above? See 'Gate' and then see 'Access Road' next to the gate?? Unless something's changed since I was there last..? See you guys around 9:15 am, correct?
Old 04-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Why is it called drug airport?
Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #11
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
EARLY in 2010, Panda Jerk posted a run and he called it the drug airport because there is a straight section of road on top of that mountain in a little valley... From above it looks like a landing strip. Others call it the 'Welk Run' because it is 'across' I-15 from Lawrence Welk's Resort, north of Escondido. I usually just use both names... but I prefer Welk Run as it is more accurate... But, Panda Jerk's post was the first I learned of these dirt roads, so to me he gets some honor for naming it, too.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #12

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I bumped up the Jan. 2010 post by Panda Jerk...
Old 04-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #13

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, I will be leaving soon... sa ya there!
Old 04-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #15
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
Actually because back in 1978 I was flying a vintage DC-10 with my usual 8 tons of Escobar's finest when I started having hydraulic problems & had to find somewhere flat & straight, couldn't land on the I-15 for obvious reasons & that strip was ideal becuase it was pretty well hidden, so I ditched the plane, left the dope, ran like hell & up till his death Pablo Escobar had a 500K green light on my ass !!.... true story....
Old 04-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsikotic View Post
Great time Brent and David! Thanx guys for coming out. I'll get my pics up this evening.

glad you got out somewhere Randy, I'd like to hit that place someday...
Old 04-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #17

David K's Tacoma Gallery
It was EPIC, Randy... What fun... and again with amazing driving talent and Toyota quality, you went where only those with 4WD have gone before!

I have some pretty nice photos of you and Brent... I am about to leave for the San Diego Delby Dolls event at Del Mar Fairgrounds to get ahead of the L.A. exodus traffic... I will see if I can get some of them posted before I leave... if not, later or in the morning.

I hope Brent got some nice shots of the rescue... all was fun and good times!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #18
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
It was EPIC, Randy... What fun... and again with amazing driving talent and Toyota quality, you went where only those with 4WD have gone before!

I have some pretty nice photos of you and Brent... I am about to leave for the San Diego Delby Dolls event at Del Mar Fairgrounds to get ahead of the L.A. exodus traffic... I will see if I can get some of them posted before I leave... if not, later or in the morning.

I hope Brent got some nice shots of the rescue... all was fun and good times!!!
HA !! I used to go watch the L.A. T-birds at the sports arena....
Old 04-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #19
Zombie Killer
surferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of light

EMS: EMT
surferkid's Tacoma Gallery
WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!! I live right there why didnt i see this thread????? i was actually up there hiking and rock climbing with the girlfriend at 5. Man next time. was there a grey tacoma up there shooting guns when you guys were there? i asked that guy if he was on tacoma world and he was like whats that so yeah haha
Old 04-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #20

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferkid View Post
WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!! I live right there why didnt i see this thread????? i was actually up there hiking and rock climbing with the girlfriend at 5. Man next time. was there a grey tacoma up there shooting guns when you guys were there? i asked that guy if he was on tacoma world and he was like whats that so yeah haha
Nope just 3 Jeeps and us 3 Tacomas... We drove in at 9:15 am and came out about 12:45 pm...