Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Help OMD (Doug 4WD) Transmission fundraiser

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #221
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see the problem doug. My mr2 ran with 4 cracked pistons....

Old 05-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #222
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008taco View Post
I don't see the problem doug. My mr2 ran with 4 cracked pistons....

Haha, you mean its all in my head & not in my hand ??

Old 05-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #223
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
How close are we?

Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #225
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
It's not so much "mechanical expertise".. I call it "common sense"

not to tear into unfamiliar territory if ya catch what I'm getting at, when you find the average cost for one of todays automatics being rebuilt is a couple grand, tells me right off we're not talking about just re sealing the valve body or front pump & changing out clutch packs..

Brother, I dropped the pan & recovered about half a pound of metal, & I dont mean the usual tranny "flash". I'm talking chunks of metal/gear teeth, etc;

Probably the planetary gears unloaded around the sun gear & became lunch on a high metal diet
Yeah, I got ya, was unsure of the situation, didnt know why or how it failed..

Quote:
Here's a sample Jason, deff. not transmission flash....

Thats a lot of material in there, It might have damaged a lot of parts, but you never know. I would probably tear it down just to see whats going on, but if your going to have that one rebuilt, I dont think the rebuilder would appreciate a bucket of parts and an empty trans case, unless he knows these transmissions well and has done lots of them before.

Shoot Doug sorry bout your misfortune..So what did it do when it failed??

Old 05-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #226
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Yeah, I got ya, was unsure of the situation, didnt know why or how it failed..

Thats a lot of material in there, It might have damaged a lot of parts, but you never know. I would probably tear it down just to see whats going on, but if your going to have that one rebuilt, I dont think the rebuilder would appreciate a bucket of parts and an empty trans case, unless he knows these transmissions well and has done lots of them before.

Shoot Doug sorry bout your misfortune..So what did it do when it failed??

Ha! ya know, i wish there was a really cool story to connect to it but there's not, had absolutely no sign of inpending failure except 2 unusually hard upshifts the night before, thats it, was going to a friends next day on hwy 67 , about 50mph, level ground & it was like someone just threw it in neutral, & thats it, signed right the hell off.... boring breakdown (except the cost, that got me excited)

Old 05-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #227
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
Well after he finishes up these couple guys lined up for springs he will be good to go
And the leafs you built me and greg worked fucking amazingly. I fucking love them.

I'm glad they at least held up for you guys for the weekend...haha

Old 05-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #228
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
UPDATE: Ok, I just confirmed next install this Sunday for member JDaniel1274 he's coming down from Orange county.....

Just gotta confirm one more & this long lasting hell will almost be over......

getting anxious, getting nervous (as a few of you should be for being little shits running amuck in my absense)

Well guess what kids.... Daddy's coming home & theres hell to pay.....

Old 05-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #229
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
UPDATE: Ok, I just confirmed next install this Sunday for member JDaniel1274 he's coming down from Orange county.....

Just gotta confirm one more & this long lasting hell will almost be over......

getting anxious, getting nervous (as a few of you should be for being little shits running amuck in my absense)

Well guess what kids.... Daddy's coming home & theres hell to pay.....

You still want my old leafs? I can drop em off tomorrow

Old 05-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #230
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery

Old 05-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #231
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogrc View Post

You still want my old leafs? I can drop em off tomorrow

Yes, yes Rodrigo I do I'll PM ya in a min. bro...& thanks

Old 05-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #232
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd class petty officer
csjumper2003's Tacoma Gallery
so whats the total now.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #234
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm about 2 builds away... I can feel it, been starting my truck up every day now, dialing in my rear springs, now need shocks, getting ducks in order slowly.....

Old 05-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #235
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm about 2 builds away... I can feel it, been starting my truck up every day now, dialing in my rear springs, now need shocks, getting ducks in order slowly.....
Tyler will shoot them.:i nfantry:

Old 05-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #237
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
refesh bump...

how close Doug?

Old 05-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #239
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know nothing.... talk to matt

oh ya thats right

Old 06-03-2012, 03:39 AM   #240
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
updates, eta, etc?

Closed Thread