Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Mountain Bike Trails in LA?

Old 04-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Mountain Bike Trails in LA?

Hey neighbors. I have recently started getting back into mountain biking, but the guys I used to go with aren't interested anymore. My cousin just got a bike, but he can't really ride yet, so even the simplest trails are difficult for him. I am looking for some trails within an hour from LA, that are fairly easy, but still fun. I know of fullerton loop, the topanga and santa monica trails, but that's about it. Where do you guys go? I hear there's a place called Trowsley near Valencia, is it good? How do I get there? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
i go hiking up hwy 2 all the time, im sure there are bike trails there, should be really close to you.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
There is a ton down here in the South OC, I've only been to couple including Whiting Ranch.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. i have always figured there would be many trails up in Angeles Crest, but i wouldn't know where to start/end. As far as the OC, I know there are tons of awesome rides down there, it's just a bit far and a nightmare in traffic.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
stphnman20 will become famous soon enoughstphnman20 will become famous soon enough
Marines:
stphnman20's Tacoma Gallery
Tapia canyon in Castaic and Towsley Canyon is fun but watch out for hikers.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #7
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
brown mtn fire road or el preido trail starting in Altadena right above the main JPL parking lot. can also connect to Millard Canyon that can connect you to most of the major hiking/biking trails in the Angeles Crest.

there is also Chantry Flats. a few trails and a nice 5-6 mile single track loop, or you can easily end up at the top of Mt Wilson via 2 different singletrack trails.

those are just two popular trailheads that came to the top of my head. but the best thing to do is visit a local bike shop for some maps and advice for recommend trails for your overall experience, fitness levels and abilities . there are also a few good books with great detailed info on each popular trail.