Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Orange County Meetups!

Old 03-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #1981
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
If you don't do too much offroading, the Bilsteins are amazing and cheaper than the OME kit.
Just wondering if the ome one was better than I'd rather spend the extra $100 and get a better lift
Old 03-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #1982
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbergler View Post
Just wondering if the ome one was better than I'd rather spend the extra $100 and get a better lift
OME is a good all around 3" lift, but the 5100 is a better shock than the OME Nitrocharger. Better ride quality on the street, and performance off road. I have friends who have been offroading with their 5100's and OME 885's for years. Ask BeeRadd on TW about his, and what he does with them. They're virtually bulletproof.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #1983
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
No debates! I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys and figuring out how jealous I should be of your tires, lifts, suspensions and upgrades over my way too stock truck.

Anyone interested in doing a Santa Ana Mountain trip Saturday the 6th? I did the Silverado to Bedford that comes out in Corona on March 17th and the gate(s) were all open. I haven't figured out yet which route to take to come out on Ortega. Anyone interested?
Old 03-27-2013, 03:50 AM   #1984
Breaker of Wheeling Rules #1 and #2
Mach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
Mach375's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
No debates! I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys and figuring out how jealous I should be of your tires, lifts, suspensions and upgrades over my way too stock truck.

Anyone interested in doing a Santa Ana Mountain trip Saturday the 6th? I did the Silverado to Bedford that comes out in Corona on March 17th and the gate(s) were all open. I haven't figured out yet which route to take to come out on Ortega. Anyone interested?

My son has been asking to go offroading for a few days now, maybe that would be the ticket. Not sure on date, but it might work.
As for getting to Ortega: Assuming you're coming up Maple Springs (end of Silverado Canyon Rd.), once you get to Four Corners you go to the right. The first/bottom right is Harding Truck Trail and is always closed (you can see the gate from Four Corners), the second/upper right is Main Divide Road which will get you to Ortega. Once you hit pavement you turn left to get to Ortega (turning right will get you there via driving through Bluejay Campground). The way you went is more fun, but not as scenic.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #1985
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach375 View Post

My son has been asking to go offroading for a few days now, maybe that would be the ticket. Not sure on date, but it might work.
As for getting to Ortega: Assuming you're coming up Maple Springs (end of Silverado Canyon Rd.), once you get to Four Corners you go to the right. The first/bottom right is Harding Truck Trail and is always closed (you can see the gate from Four Corners), the second/upper right is Main Divide Road which will get you to Ortega. Once you hit pavement you turn left to get to Ortega (turning right will get you there via driving through Bluejay Campground). The way you went is more fun, but not as scenic.
I think I must have missed a road. When I got up to 4 corners there were a ton of people up there with dune buggies etc and I was looking for a quiet spot to do a subway picnic with the family, so I just drove through. There was an offshoot on the right after I passed most of the open area that had a closed gate. I might just be forgetting the other if I saw it that must go to Ortega, although looking at the map I must have taken the Main Divide to get to Bedford. I didn't know I was on bedford until I read it at the gate at the bottom. I think Main divide was the road that continued on the ridge line to the left when I turned right to head down..
Old 03-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #1986
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I think I must have missed a road. When I got up to 4 corners there were a ton of people up there with dune buggies etc and I was looking for a quiet spot to do a subway picnic with the family, so I just drove through. There was an offshoot on the right after I passed most of the open area that had a closed gate. I might just be forgetting the other if I saw it that must go to Ortega, although looking at the map I must have taken the Main Divide to get to Bedford. I didn't know I was on bedford until I read it at the gate at the bottom. I think Main divide was the road that continued on the ridge line to the left when I turned right to head down..
You are correct, sir! And good thing you did take Bedford. If you had continued, you would have likely taken Skyline Rd down to corona and would have been confronted by a locked gate.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #1987
Rabid Conservative

Quote:
You are correct, sir! And good thing you did take Bedford. If you had continued, you would have likely taken Skyline Rd down to corona and would have been confronted by a locked gate.
Whoever locks these gates in perfect weather with dry roads should be commended.. or slapped with a fish.. one of the two.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #1988
REBELTACO

Quote:
Whoever locks these gates in perfect weather with dry roads should be commended.. or slapped with a fish.. one of the two.
Skyline has been locked for years to keep all the Corona hoodrats from going up there to sell/do drugs. But the nice thing they did was offer the key for $100 a year from the County of Riverside office. You can rent it and just share it with your friends.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #1991
TXPRO4X4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
TXPRO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Skyline has been locked for years to keep all the Corona hoodrats from going up there to sell/do drugs. But the nice thing they did was offer the key for $100 a year from the County of Riverside office. You can rent it and just share it with your friends.
Skyline= up above Laguna canyon?
Im down for a run, just got my new tires. Where do you have in mind?
Can always show u that spot up near lake mathews!?
Old 04-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #1995
TXPRO4X4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
TXPRO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Going paintballing sat. S.C village. Anyone want to join me and a couple of work friends?
Old 04-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #1996
kwofford10 is on a distinguished road

kwofford10's Tacoma Gallery
http://ktla.com/2013/04/02/search-un...rabuco-canyon/
Old 04-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #1998
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
You should start doing meets on any other night except Wednesday night haha